Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Procedure of admission of children and nearby schools

re : Procedure of admission of children and nearby schools           reply
21/10/2013 09:18 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
At present there is not a standardised application system for schools in Ireland although the Minster for Education is currently reviewing admission procedures.
At the moment, some primary schools take applications from a very early age while many will only accept applications the year before a child is due to start. You need to make contact with the schools you are interested in to check their application procedure and when you need to put your child´s name down.
You can see a list of schools in the swords area by clicking on the following link
http://www.schooldays.ie/primary-schools-in-ireland/primary-Dublin-north-county-dublin

Procedure of admission of children and nearby schools           reply
20/10/2013 23:14 - Ask Mother Hen (Locality: Dublin North)
Hi!

I just came to know from one of my friends that according to the education system of ireland we need to reserve a place for our child as soon as he/she is born? Is this true is my first question? My daughter is 2 years old and I have not got her registered anywhere yet and now I am afraid that because of my ignorance she might start her school late. I am an Indian and in my country kids start school at 3.6 to 4 years of age not any later than that.

Also could you please let me know the nearby schools around Boroimhe, Swords?

Thanks
Neel

re : Procedure of admission of children and nearby schools           reply
23/01/2014 18:40 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi their, we put our son´s name down at local school when he was 5mths old, however on that day the secertary tolds us to contact them again in Jan of the year he will be starting. I would say go to a few schools now and put your childs name down. Dont worry it will be fine. Good luck.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;