Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Questionairew for parents re extra cirrcular activities

re : Questionairew for parents re extra cirrcular activities           reply
26/03/2008 07:21 - Afterschool Activities
-----------------------------------
Hi ya, My friend is organizing after school French and Spanish classes for primary school children. The company is called Linguaplay, they teach languages to children in Dublin. Check their web, and best of luck. Molena

re... : Questionairew for parents re extra cirrcular activities           reply
10/03/2008 20:00 - Afterschool Activities
Don´t forget to check when sourcing afterschool activities providers that they have their own insurance in place to cover the activity as most schools insurance policies won´t cover afterschool activities provided by external teachers/providers.

re... : Questionairew for parents re extra cirrcular activities           reply
02/04/2008 11:05 - Afterschool Activities
basketball... a great sport for all

re : Questionairew for parents re extra cirrcular activities           reply
09/03/2008 14:24 - Afterschool Activities
Miriam, first , when you say extra curricular , are you talking about straight after school-or on the school premises?If so, you´d need to talk to the board of management and see what their take on this would be.
Next, I´d see what skills you would have available to you, no point in kids deciding they´d like to do ,say, archery, if no-one can offer it!!Perhaps in your questionnaire you could see if parents will help out too, or if anyone has a particular skill to offer?

Check out too if there is funding available, either will the parents meet the full cost or will ye have to fundraise to pay for it? There is some funding available for some after-schools depending on where you live.

Best of luck!

Questionairew for parents re extra cirrcular activities           reply
09/03/2008 12:06 - Afterschool Activities
Hi,
i´m new to our school and member of the parents association.I am hoping to organise or at last find out what extra cirrcular activities that would benefit the kids in the school.I´m thinking of a questrionaire for parents teachers and pupils.
I am looking for advice on how to go about this without threading on toes.
miriam

discussion forum terms & conditions

;