Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Questions to Limerick Childminders about what to charge

Questions to Limerick Childminders about what to charge           reply
12/08/2014 23:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Limerick)
-----------------------------------
Hi, could any Limerick Childminders give me some information about what I should charge a family to mind their 2 children for a full week. 1 child has to be minded from 8.30am to 6pm and the other child has to be collected from preschool and minded from 12pm to 6pm. Do you all have a full day rate and a half day rate.Do you give a discount to these families and how much do you take off the full weekly rate. I want to provide an affordable service for families as everyone is struggling but also want to be able to make an income myself. Thanks - Mary.

re : Questions to Limerick Childminders about what to charge           reply
14/08/2014 21:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am interested to hear what others are charging in limerick too. I was like you trying to give a reasonable price as I kept thinking if I was to pay a childminder it would have to be affordable. For those hours you would want to get at least 300 per week to make it worth while. Iv made the mistake of giving parents a good deal & now 2yrs on with this particular family I feel I am very underpaid compared to what others charge. For the homely service i provide including meals & snacks I feel as though I´m working for pennies. Its very hard to put prices up when you have agreed set price. Good luck :)

re... : Questions to Limerick Childminders about what to charge           reply
15/08/2014 10:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I always get all food, drinks etc required to be brought by the parents....havent had a parent complain so far....at least I know then payment received is my own...

discussion forum terms & conditions

;