Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Quick Question - Advice needed

re... : Quick Question - Advice needed           reply
14/10/2013 13:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks ifonly, would always pay for the hr. Was just wondering if the fact that she only had 1 for 10 or so mins if it would be fair to negotiate a lower rate to the €10 I usually pay when she has both for the hr!

re : Quick Question - Advice needed           reply
14/10/2013 13:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
this its fair to pay her for hour or part of .if your children are happy and she is a good minder pay a full hour. good minders are hard to come by.

Quick Question - Advice needed           reply
14/10/2013 11:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have a childminder who I use at the moment for a.school for both my children. I pay her €5 if she has one & €10 an hr in her home if she has 2 as they are the only children she minds so don´t mind paying the €10 as opposed to the average €8 for the extra attention they get. Anyway I now need her to do some mornings. It would be for almost an hour, she would drop one to playschool pretty much minutes after they are dropped to her (she walks all in minutes distance) and come home and then my older child would walk to school herself about 20mins later. Do you think €7 an hr is fair to offer her for this seeing as she doesn´t have the 2 for the full hr? Or €8? Or should I stick with the €10? I just need to be realistic costs wise as some mornings I may only need her to do half an hr with 1 and can´t be paying her ultimately the same cost as having one for an hr? Just want to make sure I´m being fair as she is great with the kids and they love her. Opinions please?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;