Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

School shoes - large sizes - where to buy & do we pay VAT?

re : School shoes - large sizes - where to buy & do we pay VAT?           reply
20/08/2009 22:15 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
-----------------------------------
Same problem, my daughter now wears black men´s runners for 2 years because we couldn´t get anything else. So far the principal hasn´t said anything to her about them, but I´ve no difficulty explaining that she´s lucky to have any shoes at all to wear!

re : School shoes - large sizes - where to buy & do we pay VAT?           reply
11/02/2010 22:49 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Check out www.fifibelle.com for fashionable shoes in larger sizes. We sell from a size 6 - 11. There are pretty pumps that may be sutiable...
I know all about the struggle to find shoes in large sizes as I also take a size 9 shoe.
Our shoes are available to buy on-line as well as from our boutique in Naas Town Centre 045 - 889725 and also in Arnotts on Henry Street.

I hope this hepls!
Regards,

Aoife

School shoes - large sizes - where to buy & do we pay VAT?           reply
12/12/2008 03:11 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Does anyone know where I can buy black school shoes in size 9 or 9 and a half for a girl going to secondary school please?

Also, it occurs to me that there was some abolition of VAT on children´s shoes many years ago. All my children have been wearing at least size 6 or 7 while still in primary school. I wonder should I have been paying VAT on their shoes? And have any other parents any comments or information on this subject?

re... : School shoes - large sizes - where to buy & do we pay VAT?           reply
21/08/2009 08:34 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
If it´s over size 6, I always thought that was where VAT came in. I know it´s annoying as I´m in the same boat but many adults wear size 4 and 5 so it´s impossible to police without deciding on a figure. There are advantages and disadvantages to being small and tall and this is obviously one of the disadvantages to being tall.
My parents and siblings all have small feet for their size whereas my husband´s family have big feet.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;