Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

So I need some advice please?

re : So I need some advice please?           reply
05/07/2016 13:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Going rate for ONE child is €35-€45 per day
I´d be saying you´re actually undercharging!!
I´d be more than happy to do up a price for you!
A piece of advice is not to mix business with pleasure! I´ve heard awful stories!

re... : So I need some advice please?           reply
05/07/2016 23:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Jane, it reads like your a nanny in children´s home, are you? How many days, hours etc?

So I need some advice please?           reply
05/07/2016 13:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Leitrim)
My friends childminder got injured and as my friend was panicking about childcare I agreed to help out. They´re 5 chilren aged fron 6mths to 7 years. One is in school 9-3 anoth 9-2 and one in playschool for 3 hrs per day so I said 70 per day was ok. Now all 5 are at home all day 8-6 and I said I´d need to be paid 90 per day minimum but she said no way as that isnt the norm. Ive asked around and everyone ( choldminders & parents) Ive spoken to has said I should get more during the holidays. So just wondering what people think??

05/07/2016 23:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No Im just helping out until the regular nanny comes back. Its 10 hrs per day with a 7,5,4,2, yr old and also the baby who is 6 mths

07/07/2016 00:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
More hours more money,,,unless childminder/nanny and parents have agreed set rate for every week regardless of hours/no of children.
Your in tough situation as it´s your friend but €70 for those hours and five small kids in family home is too low. Was the injured nanny a registered employee of the Family or perhaps it was a cash arrangement where nanny had some other form income so didn´t mind low rate as it wasnt a true rate when all added together.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;