Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

St Vincents de Paul, Marino

re... : St Vincents de Paul, Marino           reply
23/04/2012 18:22 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
you´re very welcome:) the enrollment dates are usually out in September,at the beginning of the school year, you can check on their webside
http://www.stvincentdepaulinfantschool.ie/school-calendar
let me know if you have any more questions:)

11/06/2013 12:00 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi,
Did you get into the school. We are looking to move to that area but it may not be until the July of the year she needs to start (next year).

23/04/2012 15:18 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi sivimcl,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply and the great info. Ok great I will make sure I get there on the 1st day....would love to get my boys in there. I´ll be keeping an eye on those dates closely. I have both my sons aged 2.5 and 9 moths on the pre-enrollment waiting list for Educate together in Glasnevin so a nearer one again would be great. Thanks I will definitely pop them an email. Thanks again..really really appreciate it.

St Vincents de Paul, Marino           reply
23/04/2012 11:50 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin North)
HI, I am wondering if anyone has experience of getting your child in here and not from the catchment area, I am just down the road but still outside the catchment area. The secretary said it should be ok but I have 2 more years before he would start and only have 1 other school as a back up.

11/06/2013 12:24 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi,
if you´re in the parish, you should not have any problems getting into the school.
I would suggest, to go to the school in January, when the enrollments are and if you have a proof of address that you´re moving into the parish, bring it along.
If you´re not in the parish, do the same. They had 5 Junior infant classes last september (2012), as well as this year (2013) and that includes non-parish children.
Keep an eye out for the dates here http://www.stvincentdepaulinfantschool.ie/school-calendar
or ring them October/November.
Good Luck.

re : St Vincents de Paul, Marino           reply
23/04/2012 14:59 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi,
I have a child in SVP Marino n another one starting in September. The Enrollment generally will take place in January for the September in the same year, usually 3 days for catchment area and 3 days for non-catchment.
Speaking from experience, if you enroll your child on the first day of non-catchment date, I´d be quite confident you get a place (unless there was a major baby boom in the area,when your child was born;).
They have 5 Junior Infant classes starting this year, with approx 30 kids in each class. I was in the same situation 4 years ago, panicking that my daughter (she´s in 2nd now) wouldn´t get a place in a school (she was on Waiting List in 2 other Schools and didn´t get in).
Another thing is, if you´re interested, there´s a group of parents who part of a committee that are currently in the process of getting an Educate Together School into the Dublin 3 area. It is still in the early stages, but are looking for Pre-Enrollments to see how many parents would be interested in Enrolling their children. If you are one of them and Interested, the email address is northcentraleducatetogether@gmail.com.
I am very happy with SVP Marino, but would have loved to have a choice in school within walking distance.
Hope that helped and gave you a little re-assurance.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;