Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

St. Andrews applications

re : St. Andrews applications           reply
02/09/2008 18:45 - School Specific
-----------------------------------
Hi Bex

You might find the threads below where applications to St Andrews was previously discussed useful. Also there are strong recommendations for CBC Monkstown on the other thread shown.

Scoil Lorcain in Monkstown has a strong reputation as a gaelscoil primary school which feeds into Colaiste Iosagain(girls) and Colaiste Eoin Secondary Schools, both of which have excellent academic records. Students from Carysfort National School Blackrock and Scoil Treasa (I think) in Stillorgan also send some students to the Irish Secondary schools. Both Carysfort & Scoil Treasa are good schools. Primary schools in the Blackrock & Stillorgan areas receive a lot of applications so you would need to check with each as to there application procedure. Hope this helps

Schooldays

http://www.schooldays.ie/thread/St-Andrews-College-St-Andrews---will-I-get-a-place-0711080918

http://www.schooldays.ie/thread/CBC-Monkstown-0802072251

re... : St. Andrews applications           reply
03/09/2008 05:09 - School Specific
Many thanks for all that information. I have contacted Andrew´s and apparently 18 months is not too early to apply, and in fact there is still no guarantee of a place. We will go ahead and wait and see. Plenty could happen before 2017! I´ll look in to CBC too, though their admissions process looks a bit hairy if you´re not going to the junior school and don´t have a connection to the school.

Btw, must say that this website is a really valuable resource, especially for those of us trying to operate long-distance. Thanks very much!

St. Andrews applications           reply
02/09/2008 10:35 - School Specific
Does anyone know how early is early when applying to St. Andrews?

I feel a bit of a fool as our son is only 18 months old, however everyone tells me that the school situation is a nightmare - we´re currently living abroad so not really in the know. I was thinking of putting him down for the secondary school as I think that we have a good choice of non-fee paying primary schools in the area where we will be living (between Blackrock and Stillorgan -please correct me if I´m wrong in my assumptions on state primary schools there).

We are still considering various options (good job since he´s not even out of nappies yet!), including Gaelscoil, so any thoughts or advice are welcome. Thank you.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;