Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Standard After School Charge

re... : Standard After School Charge           reply
11/08/2015 12:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I would have a term time rate n if needed in holidays a full day rate...I don´t charge bank hols or any non term time but this all depends on how you work things n how much parents willing to pay and how much demand for childcare n supply of childcare in your area...

24/08/2015 20:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It´s unfair to charge more depending on supply and demand in your area. Why should a parent pay more for something that´s out of their control.
Bad practice and taking advantage.

25/08/2015 14:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I agree, it can work out more affordable to hire a nanny in your own home if youv three plus children, work full time and/or need some extra household duties included as your starting point is min wage or approx 9.50 gross..not every family want to become employer though also..however a childminder is a very affordable option for one or two children, or more children if a parent only works part-time...
I agree the childminding market is saturated and with not all quality, Tusla can play a role here if society would only inform them but as I said people will pay for quality and as childminders are self employed can dictate their rates subject to market forces of supply and demand.....

Standard After School Charge           reply
10/08/2015 21:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin West)
Collection from school ( going anyway) up until 5;30 ( 2 days per week, or could be up to 4 days, it varies) Hot food provided on return from school...

Wondering to take this on as I thought it was 2 children, now only one...what should I charge per hour. Minding kids since 2009.

Any ideas?

25/08/2015 03:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Unfortunately or fortuntely, depending on which side your on, of course supply and demand come into and this of course will impact on childminding rates.,..im on the lower side of say, average €8 an hour for two kids, as iv some serious competition with no overheads ie insurances, prsi €500, first aid, appropriate toys or equipment, outings, toddler group fees etc and childminding earnings seen as extra income ie its hidden undeclared so will mind for as little as €10 or €15 per day per child but there could be 6 + kids totally illegal and run risk of an accident etc and worse location wise im rural...to combact this I dont offer food and offer a discount if five days and dont charge bank hols and offer term time only so my rate appears a bit lower but I still get open shock on phone when I unfortunately take a phonecall and give a rate and I hear mrs x only €xx, yes but this uninsured, over ratio etc,. One equally knows if pricing right for market if a childminder has children on her books....
I recently was informed registered and insured childminders in and around dublin are charging €9.50 for two as parents are looking for an insured environment in a family home setting with small numbers if not individual attention as much as possible and so demand is there.
We have always used same chimmey cleaner but last year he had 2 months waiting list as he somehow hadnt put our chimmeys in his diary...got a different man, €20 cheaper and came home to find range not cleaned out and chimmeys only half done on further inspection....while im not saying cheaper is always worse, I am saying people will pay for quality.

11/08/2015 09:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Great idea thanks, what would you charge? How would we do this re holidays and bank holidays do you think? Or would you just go by the hour?

25/08/2015 10:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´m paying a lot less in Dublin for three children and they are very well cared for.
I employed someone to take care of just my children.
I have found that the market is saturated with sahp who have gone into childminding to earn money and they want parents to pay for it.
Take care

re : Standard After School Charge           reply
11/08/2015 09:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€5 an hr...consider fuel n food costs...if u tight on Spaces only getting two days a week but must be available for 4 if needed...also if days not fixed charge little extra for this flexibility

discussion forum terms & conditions

;