Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Transition Year- Appealing against child being excluded

re : Transition Year- Appealing against child being excluded           reply
21/03/2014 14:29 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
I´m in the same boat except that the decision was made by drawing names out of a hat.
There were more applicants for TY than places so the "policy" is to have a lottery and not take the child´s suitability or wishes into account.
So unfair as my daughter has been talking all year about her plans for TY and now she is the only one of her group of friends that didn´t make it out of the hat. So much upset at a time when she should be concentrating on her Junior Cert instead of coping with a rejection like this.
I´m not sure how to appeal this so I too would be very interested to hear if anyone else made a successful appeal.

Transition Year- Appealing against child being excluded           reply
19/03/2014 11:33 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Louth)
-----------------------------------
Hey all,

Has anyone here successfully appealed and overturned a schools decision on them not to allow their child to do transition year?

My child went through the schools application process of written application and interview and then was called up and told that they were not successful because they are confident enough to go through to the senior cycle.

My child isnt 15 until May, and I can assure you would definitely benefit from the extra year of education. She has always wanted to do transition year.

I am awaiting the principal to contact me to discuss the appeals process. But I really need the best advise on how to make a successful appeal for my daughter.

Thank you

discussion forum terms & conditions

;