Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Tusla registered

re : Tusla registered           reply
10/11/2016 17:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Are you notified to your county childcare committee (ccc) at the moment?

Tusla registered           reply
10/11/2016 16:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Laois)
Hello, I would like to register with Tusla, I have few questions. I´m a childminder. Are they very fussy? I´m just wondering like we have a shed outside, where are no doors, we keeping there turf. I´m not bringing children outside here, we have playground close where we go. Is it important how safe is back the house where children won´t be. And like smokealarms, I know they all working, do I need to find professional to check them? And fireplan, do you really need that? We have bungalow, 3 entry´s? And one condition was a tap in bathroom not more than 40 degrees, I have tap where cold and hot separately, I´m filling sink with warm water and they wash hands then. And I have blinds with safety clips for cords. Is it ok or should I move blinds for this day when inspector comes? What else I need to check? I already looked their checklist with different procedures. Thank you :) .

re... : Tusla registered           reply
10/11/2016 18:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Will do that next few weeks.

re... : Tusla registered           reply
10/11/2016 18:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would do that first as it´s a fairly friendly process and if youv your own children already probably have fairly good set up..ccc will visit and advise, safety is paramount but you can have dedicated areas sectioned off and only use these. Any notified childminder can be inspected unannounced by Tusla if reported so very important follow ratios, have paperwork, etc
You need four preschoolers at anyone time to register with Tusla..majority notified childminders would find this too much for full-time so the 125 currently registered Tusla childminders are ones running ecce from home or run a playgroup type sessions or have a fully employed member of staff.
Start small, majority would say dont invest any money as since the Budget announcement re subsidised childcare the future looks bleak for small services. Youv just missed the two yearly grant of 1k
The government are currently looking at an inspection based on having three or less preschoolers but unless the inspection itself changes to suit a family home very very few childminders will bother register with Tusla, it´s just too much investment including ones time for poor financial return of being self-employed in childcare.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;