Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

What is the standard rate in the west?

re : What is the standard rate in the west?           reply
26/05/2013 14:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi, I childmind in the north east and have been for the past ten years. I have three siblings, similar in ages to yours, and I charge 5 euro an hour for the first child (that is the child that is with me most during the day), 4 euro an hour for the second and 3 euro an hour for the third. I mind them in my own home. I have a school collection, which is about a ten minute walk, I provide all snacks and dinner and supervise homework. I am only paid for the hours I work so I don´t get bank hols, annual hols, etc. Hope this helps. Anne

re... : What is the standard rate in the west?           reply
26/05/2013 18:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes the ideal is quoted above but if you add up the number hours by the total price for three kids per hour, the figure would give quite a shock. Work out what you´d be happy to work for and see how it goes with the parent, often meeting a happy medium is the best. I have refused work however where I feel the price offered is just too low, especially if child in nappies. Draw up a contact between you stating clearly when you get paid and dont. I dont get paid for bank hols, my days off but do get paid if child sick etc.

26/05/2013 14:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, I childmind in the north east and have been for the past ten years. I have three siblings, similar in ages to yours, and I charge 5 euro an hour for the first child (that is the child that is with me most during the day), 4 euro an hour for the second and 3 euro an hour for the third. I mind them in my own home. I have a school collection, which is about a ten minute walk, I provide all snacks and dinner and supervise homework. I am only paid for the hours I work so I don´t get bank hols, annual hols, etc. Hope this helps. Anne

What is the standard rate in the west?           reply
26/05/2013 09:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Mayo)
What is the going rate in the west?
How much per hour/day/child in your own home or/and in childrens home?
I was asked for a quote to mind three children(7,5,2) in their own house for 20-30hours a week. Irregular hours, days. Preparing lunches/dinner. Homework. Including bedtime on some days.

10/06/2013 17:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i child mind and i get 80 a day for 3 kids same ages as mentioned

discussion forum terms & conditions

;