Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

after school minding

re... : after school minding           reply
01/03/2015 18:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Is it 5 days? I dont offer food but I see uk cmers charge a daily rate for meals provided...yes fine line between getting job n not but each job must be worthwhile,...

18/03/2015 11:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
how far is the playschool if its a couple of mind drive i wouldent bother. but if its not so near then yes put a charge in place.some minders i know are driving up to 30 miles a week droping and collecting their mindees.their petrol usage ranged from 20 euro up to 35 a week.some are only driving maybe a mile a day.if you dont put a charge in place it will only come out of your own pocket.

01/03/2015 18:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
10 euro per hour in minders home.not a hope will anyone pay that for 1 child.its 5 euro per hour plus a weekly petrol allowance.

16/03/2015 21:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
5 euro per hour for 1 child.10 euro per hour for 1 child is totally unreaslistic.i wouldent dream of asking for that.if you are minding 3 kids then yes 10 euro would be the rate.as for petrol it depends on how far you have to drive.for a 1litre car driving 2 miles up and 2 back would be around 4 euro per day.the best way to do that is to do the drive and check how much petrol was used up.that way you will know exactly how much to charge.

16/03/2015 21:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I always feel fuel to get to and from any nanny position is the nannys business....if I was a parent looking for a nanny and fuel allowance mentioned to get to my house and home id move to next candidate...
fuel allowance should be paid for transporting kids though but equally, myself included the odd time, one does it without extra payment...

after school minding           reply
28/02/2015 09:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin West)
Hi ladies. Just wondering what to charge for one child?school pickup at 1.15-6.30. Dinner included. Thanks

18/03/2015 18:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I suppose it depends on ur area n supply n demand of childcare...there is terrible undercutting n then phonecalls saying mrs x only x amount in my rural area...parents are finding cheaper but it doesnt last long as penny drops fairly quickly that care not quality or cm realises amount work involved too much for fee...
the best I ever had was 8.30am to school drop, requesting bit of hot sausage or rasher with fresh orange juice, toast with no crusts, 5 morns a week, €2.50 a morning was where mum at...omg language barrier though as id quoted 5€ an hr on phone n no food..thought she understood that till sitting in my kitchen... she still has her defo 60+mum (and a younger child) who doesnt drive poor thing walking in rain etc so others in area also think it far too low...

re : after school minding           reply
01/03/2015 16:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes €10 seems totally unrealistic. Im hearing and reading at least €6 an hour but im happy with 5 I dont want to lose it!

18/03/2015 11:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I dont charge for fuel (however its only odd pickup iv got) but I also dont reduce for playschool hours...the rate is €5 one child, €8 for 2 children,,, I offer discount if 5 days..,parents who have had other children minded will be very aware of prices etc...not surprisingly parents who have used a creche before find me very cheap but parents new or have had a cm more than likely find me expensive...its a very fine line..
however as a comparison I give €5 a day for sch run to n from my house for my own..car going way anyway.,if I did have a school run to price id just add fuel into overall rate as I feel saying fuel allowance not go down well as many people use fuel in their job n no fuel card etc...

01/03/2015 08:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If in your home home, its normally €5 an hr for one child....would parents pay €10...not in my experiences n certainly not for afterschoolers...

18/03/2015 15:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
minderofchild i dont think your rates are expensive at all.they sound perfect to me

16/03/2015 22:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am asking if fuel allowance is paid for school drop off & pick-up? I had two school going kids they where dropped to me at 8.30am, dropped one to primary at 9.15 one to play school 9.30, collected at 12.45 then 2pm they where collected from me at 5.30, I got €90 for three days, as these where my 1st children to mind I´d no idea of rates, they finished last month as Dad was made redundant, mum said if dad gets work she´d love me to mind them again but I feel the fee was a bit low? When parents came to see me they gave me the rate!! I don´t think I´ll be fooled by that again.
I´ve since got one girl (3 days) going to play school 2, 9.30 to 1pm, 1 full day in my home, I don´t drop her every morning but collect the 2 days her mum pays me €70 for the 3 days. I supply meals.

re : after school minding           reply
28/02/2015 23:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€10 per hour maximum I would say is enough.

16/03/2015 18:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi just reading the charges I agree €5 per hour but what fuel allowance would you recommend?
Thanks M

discussion forum terms & conditions

;