Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

am i getting enough ??

am i getting enough ??           reply
12/04/2014 13:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Just wondering i go to parents house at half 7 taking my little girl with me get 10 month old dresses drive toddler to creche back to my house with 10 month old collect toddler from creche children must be brought out everyday and i drop home at half 5 ?? I provide breakfast snacks lunch dinner .. How much per hour ?

re... : am i getting enough ??           reply
12/04/2014 22:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for the feedback everyone . I know i have a little girl myself and i would never expect that from anyone especially if I drove a porche & owned 2 house plus had a cleaner ( which they do). I think in too soft for these people i just don´t want them to say they will find someone else as i wouldn´t like to do that on the children..

13/04/2014 13:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have a contract she just changes everything to suit herself and expects me to do as she says i confronted her and she completely ignored me and said see you at 8 !! How rude .

01/05/2014 08:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
prob better off as so unhappy, good luck for future

03/05/2014 14:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
very long day you should be getting €80 per day for 2 kids €8 per hr

13/04/2014 13:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
they own a porche.they are taking you for a ride.and its not in the porche.you should ask the cleaner how much she is getting.its probably more than what they are paying you .a cleaner is 10 euro an hour..for what you are doing you should really be on 12 euro and add on your petrol usage

12/04/2014 16:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Just be out straight with them, I no it´s hard- if they really want u to mind their kids they should be paying more and respecting u more not taking advantage!and if they don´t listen maybe start looking for another Childminding job-( be straight from the start- money, hours, feeding, holiday/sick pay) hope it works out for you! No time like the present to give them a ring! Don´t have people like this walking all over you! Xxx

30/04/2014 19:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
presume your getting 8e ph x 9 hrs a day 72e a day 360e a week plus extra 10 e am I right, sorry if I,m picking you up wrong but thats not a bad wage, no offence intended

12/04/2014 14:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I get 8euro ph !

03/05/2014 12:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks.. A few have said this to me already

30/04/2014 19:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Well then I would bite the bullet and tell them you cannot afford this you need set amount a week to pay your bills, only you know what this is maybe you could agree a weekly rate of 300e a week, every week to inc bank hols and 2 weeks summer and 1 week xmas. If they cant agree to this say unfortunately as much as you love their children you will have to look around for another job and do this there are lots of jobs on here and on rollercoaster,ie

12/04/2014 16:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It´s should be about €12 an hour- your feeding and driving kids to and from home- it all adds up! More expense on u! Their defo taking advantage

12/04/2014 15:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi its two .

03/05/2014 13:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
A couple with very good jobs

12/04/2014 16:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
So everyone keeps saying ! How do i approach them about this ? I feel stressed and worn out with everything the have me doing and trying to keep my own family going when she pays ne its gone instantly on gas food electric petrol seems pointless

03/05/2014 14:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Really.. Something to think about.. Thanks

re : am i getting enough ??           reply
12/04/2014 14:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Prob about 12 to 15 euro an hour- if your providing meals and fuel- parents should be providing meals-

12/04/2014 19:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
so they are not paying you for your petrol usage.its normally 8 euro for 2 in minders home.but as you a driving here and there.i would mention that fact.

12/04/2014 14:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Is it 1 or 2 kids ur minding?

03/05/2014 11:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i mind 2 kids,during the summer they get dropped to me at 8am and get collected at 6pm i provide all meals,i get 170e per week...is this enough??

12/04/2014 22:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Stacey,
You seem stressed about this whole situation. While I am sure you see it as an income, you must be objective about what you are actually getting from your current situation. If you print off the official childminding Ireland form, it will give you a guide line as to what to ask for. The first few pages are really addressed at creche situations, but I find it handy when taking on another child, as it has all the obvious questions re sick pay, days off, bank holiday pay etc. It seems to me that you are being very much undervalued at present. While you might feel uncomfortable, addressing this with your present employers, your situation will continue until you do confront the issues that are bothering you. You are defintiely being underpaid for your services, and the parents should be ashamed that they would think so little of their children.

30/04/2014 19:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes that was the plan at the start but then she was dropping and picking them when she felt like it expecting me to go to her house at 7.30 with my baby and wash dress her kids some weeks i was only getting 200.

13/04/2014 19:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
8ph

03/05/2014 12:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
3.40 an hour for 2 kids.thats less than the rate for 1 child.which is 5 euro an hour.250 a week.is it a single parent or a couple.

13/04/2014 13:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
contracts contracts girls minding is a job treat it like that
a contract will have on it that you review your rates every year or if they ask
you to clean .
just say you reviewed your rates and as from june your rates will be .......... have the rate broke down ie food ,petrol i charge per km.log your km every morning round it off for a full week, around 25cent per km .
good luck

12/04/2014 20:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ah Stacey that woman is playing u for a fool!!😡😡😡 a large glass of wine and give her a call! U deserve well better than that, €10 for food and petrol is she having a laugh??? X

12/04/2014 21:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
what litre is your car and how far do you drive.you should clock how much petrol you use in 1 day and work from that.i was once told that petrol usage was my problem and they wont pay it.but the thing was.i was driving their kids here and there.and clocked up a lot of miles each week.

13/04/2014 21:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It is just a contract printed of a childminding site signed by both of us and we both have a copy

13/04/2014 21:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
is it a legal contract

03/05/2014 11:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
way to little,u should be getting that for 1 child not 2

12/04/2014 19:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
She gives me €10 for a week food and petrol but id use more than that a day in petrol

13/04/2014 19:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
how much are you getting

30/04/2014 19:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have already stopped childminding for them as the arrangement at the start was for them to drop and pick up from my house as i have small baby ended up me up there every morning having to bring my baby out in cold getting kids up washed dressed breakfast then drive to creche back to mine & drop them home . At the Easter break i asked would she drop them to me as there was no creche run and wanted to keep my baby indoors and give her well needed rest her reply was "" i wont be waking my boys up that early to bring them to your house you will just have to bring the baby up " that was it for me .

discussion forum terms & conditions

;