Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

am i under paid

re... : am i under paid           reply
21/05/2012 06:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks girls for your thoughts.ikind of thought that myself but you know how hard it is to find a child are job in the country but having said that cant be used either.i will have to say something.i am there almost two years now.will let u know how I get on any tips how to bring it up

am i under paid           reply
20/05/2012 18:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Wexford)
Hi.a bit of advise needed i mind 3 children in there home age 3,19 months and baby 9months .i mind them 3 days a week from 9 till 2.30 and get 40 euro a day.thanks for your help

re : am i under paid           reply
20/05/2012 20:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you are being paid the price of 1 child.the normal rate is 40 euro for 1 child.you are expected to take that for 3 kids,.u should be getting 10 euro an hr. you are getting around 4 euro an hour for 3 kids.do you have a car and how far do u have to commute.you need to be asking for around 60 to 70 a day.if u leave she wont get another minder at that price,keep us informed.

re : am i under paid           reply
20/05/2012 19:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes definatly u should be getting about 60 for 3 kids especially with a baby

re... : am i under paid           reply
21/05/2012 17:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
be firm but in a nice way.just say that you would like to have a chat about your wages when she gets home.she knows herself that she is under paying you..just tell her that 40 euro a day is the cost of minding 1 child.ask her for an extra 20.bring it up to 60.it is only fair that she does that as she has got away with it for 2 yrs.if she says no.then its up to you wether you stay on at 40 euro. or ask for a good reference and move on

discussion forum terms & conditions

;