Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

cant figure if im insulted or not.

re... : cant figure if im insulted or not.           reply
19/03/2014 13:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
that happened once.never before did anyone ask questions like that.nearly all parents i have dealt with have been really nice.

19/03/2014 17:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i would be more insulted if i was asked how to change a nappy.or making up bottles.but then again to offer 2.50 8 hours a day thats 20 euro.but some new parents are nervous leaving a baby with someone else.

20/03/2014 10:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i once had a mother change her little girls nappy and it was wrong way
so i understand why a parent might ask that.
its the of rate they want to pay.

re : cant figure if im insulted or not.           reply
21/03/2014 12:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
My mil has four kids and still can´t change a nappy right....even still, that´s not a great question, but it wouldn´t insult me. The rate of pay however is a massive insult.

19/03/2014 13:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
that is just ridiculus, would they mind a child for that price! Having your own kids and asking those questions you are better of without them. Some people have no respect.

19/03/2014 16:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Personally I have discussed rate of pay before I let any parent arrange a meetup......happened once and was shocked at rate of pay offered...equally parent was shocked at what rate I was quoting.....I have no problem with fussy demands etc aslong as they willing to pay.....

20/03/2014 13:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
maybe just as well u didn´t take that job. They sound a nightmare! If you have reared your own 5 children you have plenty of experience over the years. Hopefully u will get a family that appreciate you.

19/03/2014 13:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
good luck to them your better off well away from that family.
chancers looking for cheap child care.
best wishes to you, whats ment for you wont pass you .

19/03/2014 12:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
that´s an absolute insult to you. I really don´t know why parents think that they can pay so little for such an important job.

19/03/2014 18:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It sounds as if they were just looking for any excuse to pay pennies. Enough said. A lucky escape for you because if you had taken the position I think you would be inundated with crazy crazy demands.

20/03/2014 11:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
to ask someone who has 4 or 5 kids can you change a nappy.or do you know how to make bottles is a bit much. and to say a qualified person with experience can do these things.a mother has just as much experience with her own qualifications or not.

cant figure if im insulted or not.           reply
19/03/2014 12:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i met up with a couple last week .about minding a 1 yr old 3 days a week.they called to the house.we were chatting away things were grand.i told them i had the relevant first aid.i was told i was not a qualified minder with experience.i explained that i was a mother of 5 the oldest is 27.i have had 27 years experience with my own.and around 12 yrs with others.i was asked ridiculous questions such as can i change a nappy.how to make bottles.how to puree food.i was told an experienced minder does these things.i was offered the job but on the basis that i accept 2.50 euro an hour.i told them there and then that i wouldent do it for 2.50.if parents are looking for a real life mary poppins.im not her and i would never claim to be a mary poppins.but i am good at what i do.parents should sit down with a prospective minder.have a cup of tea/coffee.and a good chat most parents i have dealt with have been lovely.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;