Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

educational websites

re : educational websites           reply
30/10/2006 21:33 - Miscellaneous
-----------------------------------
Hi Marie
One math website I know of for 5-12 yr olds is called www.mathplayground.com. Also have a look at the scoilnet website, www.scoilnet.com. They highlight a different sites every week, most educational resources. If you look in the archive section of the website you can see all the sites listed over the last 18 months or so and will probably find a few more along the lines you are looking for.

educational websites           reply
30/10/2006 21:10 - Miscellaneous
i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding websites that would provide some maths,irish and english in the form of some fun exercises ,that would be suitable for a 7year old? im getting a bit fed up with cbbc and citv websites,which are fine to improve their english skills and a bit of co-ordination and spatial awareness,but getting a bit tedious, as really they are just glorified computer games.weve just got broadband and my son is loving it and i would like to take advantage of this.looking forward to hearing your replies

re... : educational websites           reply
16/12/2006 14:48 - Miscellaneous
This is a great thread and I look forward to the owners of this site develpinmg this thread even further PLEASE by adding to their list of useful resources!!
Come back to us schoolday.ie
Frances

re... : educational websites           reply
10/04/2007 16:05 - Miscellaneous
Hi!
I teach junior infants and in my classroom, www.starfall.com is extremely popular with the kids. It works with phonics and reading and is completely free. The electronic books are very appealing and there are 4 different levels on the site so your child can progress at his/her own rate. It´s brilliant!

re : educational websites           reply
14/12/2006 17:36 - Miscellaneous
Hi Marie
I´m in a similar boat to you looking for good educational websites - did you come across any other ones that you would recommend?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;