Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

gifts for childminders and vice versa

gifts for childminders and vice versa           reply
11/01/2015 01:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
does anyone here give their childminder a gift at christmas.a freind of mine gave her 3 mindees (3 hard to control girls) a christmas present each.they dident even give her a christmas card.she does a lot for them the house does be spotless by the time the parents get home nothing needs to be done.the way i look at it is they could at least acknoledge the fact that she kept their house spotless everyday and treated the kids on special occasions. she said theres a birthday coming up next month and is mulling over wether to buy a gift.i told her not to as they dident even bother to give a card to say thanks for all you have done.especially for keeping the house so clean.any advice on this would be great

re... : gifts for childminders and vice versa           reply
12/01/2015 00:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i would find that very inconciderate giving the fact that you have previously given them gifts for birthdays and little treats.and cleaning up the mess that is left each day.if i had a minder and my house was spotless each evening i would give something to say thank you for that.but even if it wasent i would still give something to thank her for taking care of the kids and for treating them on their birthdays.i would certainly acknowledge everything she has done.are you full time or part time with them.

24/01/2015 01:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
fair play to her i hope she gets a family who will treat her with respect.a family who.s parents wont let the kids abuse her.if they cant control these kids then they should not expect a childminder to take them on knowing what will happen.she was honest with them as to why she decided to leave they were not happy with it. what did they expect her to do. stay and get physically abused on a daily basis.i think its terrible that they dident give her a small gift at christmas as a token of appreciation.when she originally went for an interview for this job how did she find the family

11/01/2015 15:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
shes cutting out the cleaning of the house shes going to leave it the way she finds it.shes decided not to buy the kids anything again.she really does a lot for this family. the 3 girls are very hard to control they fight and scream at each other every day.she is fairly well paid i think she is on 11 0r 12 euro an hour.with holiday pay.a simple christmas card with a thank you inside it would have been nice

23/01/2015 19:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
shes handed in her notice today.shes going to give them 1 weeks notice some other minders she knows said thats not enough.i think it is considering the hell she is in.the kids are violent to each other and she has been there punchbag on many occasions.if she trys to stop the fighting the oldest then turns on her.this child is very vicious kicking punching biting her. when she trys to tell the parents about it the response is aww kids are kids.they then say to the kids were you being boldykins. the kids are like that everyday weekends included.they break things on purpose then all hell breaks loose.she said they were not happy about her quiting the job asking why she is leaving.she told them outstraight that she is not there to be their punchbag.when they put up an ad for another victim i will openly tell the responder about my friends experience with them.turns out she wasent the first victim there was quite a few before her she just lastest the longest.no minder should have to go through anything like that.the parents might be use to it but they should not expect anyone else to endure it.

11/01/2015 15:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Terrible,
id a family who I havent seen in a good while arrive one day b4 xmas unannounced with gifts for my kids n ourself...I was so embrassed as caught on the spot...so not to say thanks is pretty disgusting...my 60+ MIL a fulltime carer n old lady never gave her a xmas card or gift or nothing after full yr of hard work, she handed in her notice, life is too short she said....my MIL was really disappointed as she´d bought her a really expensive bottle whiskey lol...everyone gives gifts as a sign of their love/thanks etc not to receive in return....but fineline to really used..
I do hope shes well paid or id cut out the cleaning immediately...
id still buy for the children though as most cm do love the kids...perhaps she could do a little something on manners n get parents onboard with it also...cm is a partnership with parents...

12/01/2015 09:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its part time 12 to 4.30.the thing thats gets to her is the fact that they take the stuff she gives and never says thank you.she said enough is enough shes not giving them anything again.that might just make the parents cop on.be cruel to be kind.mindermum your m i l gave a bottle of whiskey and got nothing in return.do some people not have any deceny and think this is embarrasing i had better get something.in these cases i guess not.

11/01/2015 18:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
id continue to buy for kids birthday or xmas something small each as its not their fault their parents are so inconsiderate ,sometimes the more you do for people the less thanks you get,id leave the house in the state she finds it in when she goes there ,and only wash up the kids breakfast lunch dinner plates and cups

11/01/2015 14:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
nothing not even a card.i thought they would have given her something small like a candle.its not an easy job looking after these girls they constantly fight.she keeps the house spotless for them the place does looks like a bomb hit it.i thought they would have given her something considering what she does for them.she gave the gifts about 10 before christmas as she was off then.

11/01/2015 15:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
forgot to say if that was me and my childminder gave the kids something. especially a week before christmas i would have shot out and got her something.i would then call her and say the kids have a gift for you.i would have been mortified if the childminder gave a gift for them and there was nothing for her.i asked my freind did the family seem embarrased over this she said no not at all.she does get on very well with the parents but i think this will always be a 1 way road

re : gifts for childminders and vice versa           reply
11/01/2015 12:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you mean they gave her nothing for xmas??

discussion forum terms & conditions

;