Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

holiday pay

holiday pay           reply
17/07/2013 22:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi im looking for some advise I mind a teachers baby and we agreed on for weeks holiday pay one at Xmas one at Easter and two for summer holidays which she has paid me she asked me to mind the child one day last week and one day this week but she is not paying me is this right ???

re... : holiday pay           reply
18/07/2013 22:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there,
Yes you should definitely be getting paid for those days. That´s utter nonsense that she would expect you to mind her child during paid holiday days.
Hope you get that one sorted.

re : holiday pay           reply
18/07/2013 07:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I term time childmind and dont get any holiday pay or bank hols but this was the arrangement we had in place in the first place so it doesn´t bother me. If i have the child during holiday time i get paid the daily rate.
However if uv holiday pay of four weeks agreed and I was asked to mind the child and not get paid for it, this would immediately "annoy me" "feel used" etc. Especially if she a teacher getting fulll holiday pay, there are many teachers that dont get holiday pay etc.
There is two ways you can work it:
1) Mind the child for the two days, receiving no pay, and live with it, keeping the whole situation happy between you. And hope she not going to ask for more days.
2) Or immediately point out the difference between holiday pay and the extra days you´v worked. I did have to point out once that when the child was sick I needed paying as I was available to work. If you let yourself be a doormat, unfort some people will walk on you.
However thread carefully as money is one of those things that send people to 100 in a second.

18/07/2013 22:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanx so much for your advice :-)

18/07/2013 07:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi thanks so much for your reply it really helps I am going to say it to her because I feel im been used just don´t know how to say it thanx again x

discussion forum terms & conditions

;