Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

how much should I charge

re... : how much should I charge           reply
21/11/2014 21:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I only get paid if I´m there, if one of my days would fall on a bank holiday I wouldn´t be paid. I get 12 days paid holidays a year as I only do a 3 day week. No extra pay for school holidays or sickness I just have them all day then, so what do you think?

re : how much should I charge           reply
18/11/2014 23:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
are you working for them at the moment if so how much do they pay.you should be getting at least 15 euro per hour.you are cleaning their house cooking for the family and doing their laundry.that should all be taken into consideration.

19/11/2014 18:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes IM working
for them and my gross pay is 11.60 per hour.

20/11/2014 00:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you should be on at least 15 euro an hour.you are the nanny plus you are cleaning the house cooking for the whole family and doing shopping.i would drop the cleaning also the cooking and shopping. just cook for the kids the parents should cook for themselves and clean their own house and do their own shopping.you were hired as a nanny not a cook /housekeeper.let us know what happens.

how much should I charge           reply
18/11/2014 21:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
hi, is there anyone that could give me some advice on what to charge.
I´m a Nanny to 5 children in their home. I work 2 days 7am-7pm and 1 day 7am-2pm so 31 hours a week.When kids are in school I do cooking, cleaning, washing ironing and some shopping for the whole family. Kids all have after school activities but I use employers car so no costs there.

22/11/2014 14:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
at least your getting 12 days paid hols.but you need to mention the fact that when you are not in that you still need paying.you could mention half rate see how it goes.you are doing a lot for them.do you cook for the parents also if so hit that on the head.11.60 an hour is not enough for what you are doing.you are looking after the kids and taking care of the house for them.a cook and cleaner get a lot more than 10 euro an hour.the parents have it easy and should respect that.

21/11/2014 11:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
11.60 for 5 kids plus housework cooking and shopping.they are taking advantage of you.do you get paid when your not there.when kids are sick and do you get paid for any holidays they take.you should also cut out the cleaning of their house and also just cook for the children.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;