Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

how much to charge when minding two children from one family?

re... : how much to charge when minding two children from one family?           reply
13/02/2015 13:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Plus as you notified, ru just taking 3 preschoolers..uv two places gone n nobody has ever asked me for childcare for holidays only...its tricky to manage the ratio, im turning down work because of it...

how much to charge when minding two children from one family?           reply
30/01/2015 09:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I would like to know how much should I charge to mind two children from one family from 8 to 4.45pm 5 days a week term time only. I would also like to know what agreement others have when minding teachers children regarding holiday payment. I am notified and fully qualified with first aid. I want to be fair to the family and still earn a decent wage. I am in the west.

re... : how much to charge when minding two children from one family?           reply
13/02/2015 13:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
30 is low to me also for your hours n id dont offer any food but then u getting holiday pay....I def wouldnt do it for 250 so see can you meet in middle with parent of the 325....most parents assume half rate for siblings which is why I asked rate...150 n 75 is 225 which is where parent might be...

13/02/2015 19:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Just 3 at anyone time but have parttimers come n go as they family who help out so often have just one or none which gives me great chance catch up on things..I did look into taking the 5 but too much for me kid wise n paperwork n regulations etc...iv term time only also so at least hols quiet...I finish at 4pm though as I dont want to get burn out lol...I was chatting cm newly reg n she took on 3 within week of starting, had to let go one family with 2 kids after two weeks, she exhausted n her older kid complaining but now finding she not making a wage....its tough balancing everything...

13/02/2015 16:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes I´m allowed to mind 3 whether I take 3 not sure. How many do you mind.

re : how much to charge when minding two children from one family?           reply
04/02/2015 11:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€8 an hr, no discount as term time only, unless you charge a retainer..lots of hols, worst if second level teacher...no food in my rates..
hopefully youv got the job agreed at this stage...

13/02/2015 12:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi yes that´s no problem, I charge 150 for the full week or 30 euro a day. Some do say that´s very low but that´s the going rate in my area. I would be greatful for your advice thanks

16/02/2015 10:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Iv got my neighbour do my two under 6 sch runs so iv avoided the stress of that on days iv three mindees, as its unaffordable for other days..Iv found alot give up cm when their own kids reach 3oclock fulltime school if they trained in something else..I even see childminding ireland promoting cm new businesses...food for thought..I just got grant 1k so locked in for two years...

15/02/2015 20:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes hard to get the balance right. Are your children older. My two are under 7. I do find it is easy to get burnt out as you are constantly on the go. I have to do school runs so im constantly loading kids in and out of the car for the runs which can get tiring. The great thing is I feel, is that it is nice to be there for your own kids when come home from school or on hols. As im term time I find the summer long without a wage but I do save for this during the yr , so have to take that into account what to charge for the weeks I have the children. it is hard to make it work .

13/02/2015 09:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Do you want to say what your charging for the single child at mo so could help with pricing..some mentioned 325 but that would seem high for me..I have n am cm teachers kids cos I love having hols off as own kids so I dont charge for sch hols..however other cm n higher authority tell me im daft...

re : how much to charge when minding two children from one family?           reply
13/02/2015 09:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi thanks for your replies . I have one child already from this family and we have an agreement that I have the child term time, half pay for Halloween mid term Christmas and Easter and I take the child one day during the summer only. So not sure what to charge.

05/02/2015 22:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I mind teachers children. For those hours you should get about 325 per week. Regarding holidays etc....this is down to local agreement with the parent. As a guideline, I ask to be paid for Easter/xmas, and mid term. Also if child does not turn up for whatever reason, I still need to be paid. I dont get paid for taking time off, and I dont ask for Bank holidays(as I am unavailable). As I say , you need to agree this with parent, but I think its a fair deal, as you wont be paid during summer time, so need to compensate for that. Hope that helps

discussion forum terms & conditions

;