Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

i find this very annoying

re... : i find this very annoying           reply
22/11/2012 23:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
yep its wrong.a lot of parents wouldent think twice. about paying out money for make up nails or new hair styles.kids are worth a lot more than those things.but some parents would pay for that stuff and expect minders to work for a pittance

i find this very annoying           reply
22/11/2012 10:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
i find this so annoying .when your in contact .with a parent about minding a child.then you dont hear from them for a weeks.then all of a sudden few weeks later.you get a pm.apoligies.something happened.you arrange to meet the parents.2 days later.at a set time.you pm to confirm the time.nothing after that.no pms.i think theres a few people who advertise for minders and dont need them.they just do it for a mess

13/12/2012 14:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
L.I.S., I am totally amazed by the story with the creche. It is good to know! What I personally find very annoying is that you make an arrangement with parents for a certain fixed rate based on full-time week, they start taking the advantage of the situation and bring kids only 3 times a week for expample, and the payment is still the same! I mean they use lower daily rates which were initially given on the presumption of the full-time week. I agree that some people do struggle to make the ends meet, but there are also a lot of the parents who simply take advantage of the minders.

re : i find this very annoying           reply
21/12/2012 19:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there just a reply happening all the time to me, and as regards rates you get a text from people enquiring about childcare and dont even speak to you and want to know your rate per day ie having never talked to someone i wont randomly give that information to someone i have never talked to. I am sick of people telling me what they think the going rate is having gone on blogs to find out what they should be paying.
Childminders do a great job and in most cases are a great support to the parents and go way above the call of duty to help parents and we respect its hard times we live in but please be fair and maybe all the parents should start bargaining with the creches there are 2 creches near me and all close down in summer for 2 weeks and one also closed down in easter for one week all no discount on fee´s.

14/12/2012 23:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its disgraceful .that a creche would do this.its not fair on other parents.the girl who advertised on this site for a minder.has done this twice.she has also been in contact with another minder on schooldays before me.she was in contact with her for a few days.she arranged to meet up with the minder.and did the excact same thing as what she did to me.if i see her doing it again im going to name her.

21/12/2012 19:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there just a reply happening all the time to me, and as regards rates you get a text from people enquiring about childcare and dont even speak to you and want to know your rate per day ie having never talked to someone i wont randomly give that information to someone i have never talked to. I am sick of people telling me what they think the going rate is having gone on blogs to find out what they should be paying.
Childminders do a great job and in most cases are a great support to the parents and go way above the call of duty to help parents and we respect its hard times we live in but please be fair and maybe all the parents should start bargaining with the creches there are 2 creches near me and all close down in summer for 2 weeks and one also closed down in easter for one week all no discount on fee´s.

29/11/2012 16:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
im amazed at it myself.and its not fair on other parents either.who are now paying a higher rate..if she puts up an add again.i will personally pm anyone who responds to her add.and tell them what shes doing.

28/11/2012 14:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes that is wrong, it´s just plain disrespectful really. I think you have to remember though that some people don´t get paid much either but just about make enough to use a childminder so you can surely appreciate why they might be trying to find a reasonably priced one.

29/11/2012 10:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi there.i can understand both sides.there are some minders who just charge extortinate rates..i normally offer discounts..because as you say.some parents struggle to get the childcare up.what i dont like though is.being in contact with a parent for a few days.agree to meet on a certain day.on the day you get a txt.saying.i wont be needing ur services.as i told the creche i might be taking the child out and placing him with a minder.but the creche has agreed to reduce the rates.thank you..this person has done this before.just to get lower rates in a creche .next time i see her name up.im warning everyone who applies not to bother .she will only use you.plus i dont think its fair that 1 or 2 kids could be on a lower rate than others in the same creche.

29/11/2012 11:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Wow I´m amazed at that,I´ve never heard of a crèche with different rates for different kids!and for them to mess you around like that is so bad,I can certainly appreciate ur annoyance!!!

08/01/2013 13:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Sorry, you misunderstand. my Summer minder is only for the summer. I am enquiring about after school rates as I am struggling with the rates I currently pay. The girl who does it for me for the summer cannot collect from school so i am looking to find someone with lower rates that can collect from the school. In an idea world my summer girl would be the full time minder! :) she is great!
I made an enquiry before Christmas and ended up cancelling this due to difficulty getting through to the girl I had been in touch with. When I get a gut feeling, especially about my child, I go with it.
I understand though, how annoying it can be to be getting numerous enquiries with no result.

08/01/2013 13:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi there cat.why are u inquiring about rates.with another minder.if ur happy with the minder u have

08/01/2013 13:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Guys,
I´d like to jump in here. I am a parent and completely respect the rates and work a childminder does. I found a great summer minder for my daughter on here for last year and will stick with her again. I will say that I did make a similar arrangement with a potential minder on here before Christmas and following a few occasions where we couldn´t get in touch because she had no credit, worried me as I thought I think a childminder should always be able to contact you via phone, so I told her I couldn´t meet her, I suppose I went with my parental gut instinct. I didn´t feel comfortable and didn´t want to make a big issue of it with her. In hindsight I should have expressed this as my reason.
I really hope this hasn´t upset anyone on the site.
I am currently enquiring about rates with another minder, I will endeavour to reply to all mails I receive (I´m sure I always do)
Thanks and the feedback is always good from the other side.
Cheers
Cat

22/12/2012 16:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Totally agree with Greer. Not all the parents appreciate minders even when they help them though the hard times sometimes. I have a couple of examples from my own experience.

22/11/2012 18:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I totally agree with you. It has happened to me at least 6 times over the past 3 months. Basicially i think parents want their children minded for pennies. I think childminders should be very careful on this web site and not get their hopes up when a parent who wants their child minded arranges to come to your house and doesnt turn up. There are some fantastic genuine childminders out there please dont waste our time if you really dont want your children minded then dont mess us about.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;