Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

mixed secondary school Ratoath Vs All girls in Navan

mixed secondary school Ratoath Vs All girls in Navan           reply
13/08/2014 12:07 - School Specific
-----------------------------------
we are not originally from Ratoath but living there 9 years now and very happy. The relatively new secondary school in Ratoath is mixed and I have 2 girls ( currently aged 7 & 9 ) both of whom attend the feeder school into Ratoath College . I have little ( relevant ) feedback on Ratoath College but my instinct is to enrol them in the all girls secondary in Navan,as I believe girls do better in all girls schools plus the school in Navan I am looking at is a convent, my sister and I went to convent and did well ( albeit 20 years ago when nuns were actively involved) any feedback in general on either school would be appreciated. Thank you

re : mixed secondary school Ratoath Vs All girls in Navan           reply
13/08/2014 20:55 - School Specific
hi there which girls secondary school are you thinking about? my daughter went st Joseph´s mercy and i found it great she really did well in her years there and have to say the girls in her year were all really nice. the principal ms mulligan is really nice and at the school they really go into the students being happy because if they are not happy they will not preform to their full potential had someone say to me a couple of years ago that at the information night she was getting the feeling that the academics of the student came second to them being happy but in my opinion if they are not happy then it will be hard for them to enjoy their time at school which I think is important as to how well they do if you get my meaning. don´t know much about loretto but have to say didn´t get a good vibe when we went to the open night.

re... : mixed secondary school Ratoath Vs All girls in Navan           reply
14/08/2014 09:32 - School Specific
many thanks for your response

discussion forum terms & conditions

;