Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

moving to Dublin from Austria - choice of school and good time to change

re : moving to Dublin from Austria - choice of school and good time to change           reply
12/12/2010 00:34 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
fraid I won´t be much use as regards a school though you will find most schools are international in Dublin especially the VEC´s. There are a lot of diversity in the schools over here . If your looking for non denomination I would check out the Vocational Educational Commitee (VEC )w secondary schools website (http://www.codubvec.ie/en/index.cfm/do/secondlevel ) and see where they are in south dublin. In Ireland most children change school at 12-13 years of age after they finish 6th class. I would suggest you move as soon as possible as most children form friendships in the first couple of weeks in secondary school and it is very difficult to break into these groups once there formed.

moving to Dublin from Austria - choice of school and good time to change           reply
09/12/2010 14:48 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin South)
I am planning to move from Austria to Dublin with my daughter who is currently 11 and started attending an international school here last year. I have 2 main questions: do you have any recommendations for a non-fee paying, non-denominational, mixed school in South Dublin, if possible with a bit of an international flair as my daughter is coloured... Secondly, we are thinking about what would be a good time to move; here in Austria quite a lot of kids change school at the age of 14, is there such a thing as a particular year where it would be good to come in; some friends who moved to another country when the kids were around that age told us to wait a bit until she is more independent, others say the sooner the better... any suggestions there?? Thanks in advance for your input.. Birgit

re : moving to Dublin from Austria - choice of school and good time to change           reply
12/01/2011 10:56 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I would think the choice most suited to the requirements you list is Newpark in Blackrock - http://newparkschool.ie/

discussion forum terms & conditions

;