Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

opinions much appreciated on childcare rates :)

opinions much appreciated on childcare rates :)           reply
09/07/2012 20:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
-----------------------------------
hi :) i just wanted opinions really, i will be finishing up for maternity leave on friday n will be returning to work in january, hoping to mind kids in my own home.

is 175 euro a week fair from 8.30 until 6, afterschool from 12.30 until 6 @100 euro a week, from 1.30 until 6 @85 euro a week n from 2.30 until 6 @70 euro a week.
opinions much appreciated, thanks in advance :beer:

re... : opinions much appreciated on childcare rates :)           reply
10/07/2012 21:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You say you pay 40 euros a day and the childminder comes to your house 40 a day for a nine hour day is less than 5 euros an hour and with the minder going to your house she is unable to mind any other children plus she is doing some house work for you I think you would find it very hard to get someone else to do this for any less

re... : opinions much appreciated on childcare rates :)           reply
11/07/2012 10:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for reply, I understand the fact our son was being minded in our home pay is a little different but unfortunately we just can´t afford €40 a day for 52 weeks of the year. Our childminder actually can´t take kids into her own home which is why she offered to come to our home, but anyhow it turns out she is taking another job not childminding which pays more and wanted us to match same but we can´t. However, we have had an offer from another childminder we know who is happy to take our son for €35 a day plus holiday pay in her home which we are happy to pay. So hopefully all goes well and our son settles in.

re : opinions much appreciated on childcare rates :)           reply
10/07/2012 11:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,
sorry this is not a response to your query but a similar query. I have a 21 month old who is currently minded in our own home - agreed initially as childminders home was not suitable so she offered to come to us instead of our son going to her house. Our son is currently minded 3 days a week from 8am - 5pm we supply all food, snacks etc. and pay €40 a day. The childminder does do a small amount of light housework the odd day although I have told her there is no need and we are not requesting her to do so but she says keeps her busy and is happy to do a little. If our son is ill and one of us is home with him we still pay childminder and for days where short notice but we don´t pay for holidays or bank holidays or days where we give notice we will be off, although we did give a christmas bonus but not actual pay for holidays.
Our childminder has now asked that she be paid for all holidays so 52 weeks of year, I can see her point kinda but if we do this we will actually be paying €572 more annually than if our son was in a creche which would actually also provide all meals through-out the day. So surely we shouldn´t have to pay more for our childminmder than a creche I have checked a few different creches for rates so its not that I am picking the cheapest rate or anything. Would really appreciate some advice on this as really not sure how to deal with it and guess bottom line is we can´t afford to pay at the rate of €40 for 52 weeks of year.
Sophie

re : opinions much appreciated on childcare rates :)           reply
10/07/2012 15:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you will be lucky in my opinion if you find someone who is willing to do it for those rates, typically you can expect to pay EUR 30 per child per day for a full day say 8am-5.30/6.00 p.m.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;