Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

primary schools - stillorgan

re : primary schools - stillorgan           reply
09/04/2008 22:01 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Have you tried Oakhill School on the Leopardstown Road? They have places available for Sept 08 as far as I know! Small class sizes and a great school.
Hope that helps.
D

re... : primary schools - stillorgan           reply
18/11/2007 20:37 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Thanks for the advice Molly. I´ll do as you suggested and ring a few schools immediately, if they´d put the kids names on a waiting list before we actually move to the area, it´d be a start!

re : primary schools - stillorgan           reply
18/11/2007 12:03 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Scoil Treasa on The Rise, Mt Merrion is a good school. I´ve also heard good reports about St Raphaelas in Kilmacud.

Many schools have closing dates before xmas for kids enrolling in the 08/09 school year so it would be important to make sure you at least get your names down before any closing date. If you anticipate a problem I think I would tell the schools a small white lie that you have already purchased a house (or are currently negotiating a lease) near the school(s) but that the sale/contract won´t be closing till the new year and that you will forward on the address details when you move in - that might buy you a little time.

Seems like an awful catch 22 situation. You can´t get a school place until you have an address but you mightn´t choose a particular location to live if you thought your kids couldn´t attend the local school! Hope it works out

primary schools - stillorgan           reply
17/11/2007 21:18 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Can anyone give me any advice on primary schools in stillorgan/leopardstown area? We are moving to stillorgan with our 3 children (2 boys and a girl aged 7, 5 and 3) next spring and hope to start our 2 eldest in school in sept 08, in 1st class and senior infants. We´ve been told that there are a couple of schools in stillorgan, St Brigids on Merville Rd would be closest but we´ve been told that its very hard to get into and is Church of Ireland so may not accept our kids anyway (Roman Catholic).

We currently live in Wexford and our dilemma is that we won´t have a stillorgan address until Feb or so and aren´t sure how to go about enroling for schools in the meantime as most insist that you are living in the area before they will accept your application. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;