Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

schoolbooks.ie anyone else not getting their order....?

re... : schoolbooks.ie anyone else not getting their order....?           reply
01/08/2012 09:45 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
-----------------------------------
Hi there,
I am not very happy with this service at all!
I ordered my kids books late June and I have not heard anything since and now I want to ring them but cant find their contact details as i only received a mail.
Does anyone have their number?
Thank you BR Noreen

17/08/2012 14:51 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I ordered my books on the 25th of July and have not received them. I e -mailed them this morning and got a response straight away saying they will be picked over the weekend and dispatched on Monday for Tuesday delivery.I have used this company for the last few years without any problems so am hoping that my books will arrive on Tuesday.I have contacted visa in the mean time who have said if I do not receive them I can get a refund as i paid by credit card.The delay in processing orders is causing unnecessary anxiety for parents and is very poor customer service. I am hoping that it is just the service that is very poor and the company are not in trouble...time(which is limited) will tell. I rang super value this morning as well and like the previous post said, they were very unhelpful and unsympathetic....

22/08/2012 20:54 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
finally got a phone call from them yesterday. the "lady" apologised for the delay and said that I would have my order by Friday - well maybe on Monday. when i queried whether it would be the Friday or the Monday she said I´d get an email! She then asked when my child was back to school and when i asked why this was relevant - she got very defensive. I told her i wasn´t interested in apologises just getting the books. i then checked my account with schoolbooks.ie and it now appears that 2 of my books are out of stock - this is a new problem!! Can they get any worse!!!

16/08/2012 14:10 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Hi, they still appear to be in business anyway!! Their address is a bit vague on their website, from Nangor Road, turn left onto Oak Road (the right turn at this junction would bring you into "Park West Industrial Estate, it´s the 3rd left when coming from Naas Road). There is an an post sorting office and beside that a steel gate their office has a sign "AEOS Solutions" on it. I did not have to wait long for one of their customers leaving the site to open the gate to let me in!! I canceled my order all books readily available from Wise Owl and/or the stationery shop opposite the old Dundrum Shopping Centre

07/10/2012 17:54 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Seems some Schoolbooks.ie customers are still waiting on refunds.
http://www.thejournal.ie/schoolbooks-ie-problems-refunds-622234-Oct2012/?utm_source=twitter_self

21/08/2012 10:28 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
As promised books have just been delivered today, so good luck everyone else with their orders.

23/08/2012 10:25 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Panic over...my school books just arrived all nicely covered and ready to go.Took a long time but at least arrived in time for school.Hope everybody else gets sorted.First time i have had a problem with this company ,but no doubt their reputation has been damaged by their poor customer service.
Good luck everyone.

14/08/2012 10:09 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
just came across your thread while trying to find out anything about schoolbooks.ie, order july 17 so still no books, am trying the direct packing room number now fingers crossed

14/08/2012 14:37 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I heard the liveline program, and am glad I found this discussion too... There wasn´t much said, but it´s kind of reassuring to know that the pressure is on the company to deliver now. I placed my orders on 27/07, and nothing to date. I placed an order for the books first, then I thought, oh, I´ll get some stationary too, so placed a second order. The one for the books seems to be "picked", the stationary one still has one or 2 items that are supposed to be restocked within 24/72 hours (it´s been like that several days !).
I´m in Co Waterford, so collecting them is not really practical for me.
That´s shameful, I will of course never use them again, and pass on the word. I ordered with Eason´s last year and it was simple, and quick, but this year I saw Schoolbooks.ie were covering the books, so I thought "good", and was happy to support a smaller Irish company. I won´t get caught again.
That´s just not good enough...

14/08/2012 13:34 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Placed my order 16th July and amazingly have just received it!!! Having said that I had only ordered 2 secondary school books and copies/maths set and stationary. I received all of my order but there was not a word of apology or explanation as to why delivery was so late!! So glad that I placed my main order through Easons with a 10% discount and delivery only took 4 days. Will NEVER deal with schoolbooks.ie again. I was even able to walk into an Easons shop an get a refund for a book that I already have. Couldn´t do that with an on-line company!! Fingers crossed you all get sorted out soon.

15/08/2012 19:24 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Pencil Pusher there is absolutely no way, under any circumstances, that I am ever going to order from that crowd again, regardless of what premises they have, and how busy other providers might be. I´m sure Eason´s and others will be clever enough to predict an upsurge next year in light of what happened this year with this provider.
Here is a company that had a great chance of making it to the level of Eason´s, and failed miserably. One of the reasons I selected them as opposed to Eason´s this year was to give a chance to a smaller outfit, well there you go, no way will I get caught again.
There is no excuse for such delays, even if they are delivering next week, it´s just too late. You cannot advertise a delivery time, and then add on another 10/20 days to it because you hadn´t planned adequately as a business. The lady

15/08/2012 17:29 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
No worries Sean. I feel your annoyance. But as I said, provided the books arrive before school starts, then it´s not too bad.
I imagine judging by the size of the Parkwest premises on Google Maps, the fact that they have been in operation for a number of years, and their Supervalu backing that they have a large chunk of the schoolbooks market. If a nationwide boycott as you suggested was organised next year all that would happen is the online orders would be transferred to their competitors, Easons etc. This would probably put severe strain on them, resulting in delays. Meanwhile the schoolbooks.ie chaps would be twiddling their thumbs up in their Parkwest monolith!
Of course if they don´t deliver on their promise and get me my books before school starts again, then all bets are off. I´ll even join you on the march!

15/08/2012 17:02 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
sorry pencil pusher - I am just so annoyed - now waiting since 10 July

02/08/2012 18:57 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Just to let you know that I received my order today so don´t give up hope their service is just awful and incredibly slow but will NOT be using them next year!1

17/08/2012 13:09 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
apparently they were discussed on corks 103fm

15/08/2012 16:52 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I can guarantee I am not working for schoolbooks.ie. If I was, I´d probably be in a warehouse packing books at the moment! I suppose it is a normal enough conclusion to jump to when somebody posts something remotely resembling positivity in a complaints thread. Whose to say you aren´t a Musgrave´s shill for that matter! :)
I completely agree, their inability to return emails is very unprofessional. I ordered books 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive them. If I don´t get them by the time my son goes back to school, then there will be issues. But I have ordered from them for the last number of years without any hitch, and am trying to offer my opinion as to why there is such a delay this year.

16/08/2012 09:56 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
My son is attending a Gael Scoil so I could not purchase books from England. I did buy How Many Miles to Babylon (penguin edition as suggested by school) for €5.65 from The Book Depository England - post free - same book is available at Amazon UK for £2.34 +postage - here all shops charge €11 plus postage - also purchased from Book Depository Hamlet Forum edition €9.56 - in Irleand €14.5 +
I also purchased UCC text books from Labyrinth books America for one third of price here - delivery - surface post is $5 per book

16/08/2012 18:49 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I eventually wrote to Aoen solutions today and asked for my money back as all books are available at other outlets and got the following reply - 30 minutes later
Many thanks for your email and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you with regard to your order.
On your order reference BK-658 we can issue you a full refund for the amount of €436.83 to be transferred onto your card asap which will show on your card details within the next 2-3 working days.
I can only deeply apologise for the lack of contact as our lines and emails are very busy at present and we are doing all we can to alleviate the problem.
I will pass this email onto my superior and express your frustration with the business.
Apologies and best regards,
Carol Kavanagh
Sales Executive
Schoolbooks.ie

17/08/2012 20:10 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
mine were ordered july 20, got email today saying delivery thurs. honestly they are the most useless people i have ever had the misfortune to deal with!

17/08/2012 12:24 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
non delivery of schoolbooks.ie
Placed my order to above on 31 July, money deducted on 2 August, now 17 August no sign of books. Tried to ring tel. no. on website rings twice then nothing. Have emailed twice, no reply. What they have done amounts to theft. I used this site three years ago and there were no problems. My children start school on 30th August and I have paid over €200 to this company. People have suggested going to company in person, I live in Clare that is not an option any other suggestions?

17/08/2012 12:30 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
If you used the Supervalu rewards scheme, contact them or your local Supervalu store. They seem to be upset by this also and have tried to help where they can.

22/08/2012 19:23 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
the parcels are delivered by GLS, still havent received mine yet!!

22/08/2012 15:55 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Ordered books on the 17th july, finally got them today after driving to their warehouse. As mentioned it is very hard to locate, they now have a security guard on the gate & they are not letting anyone in. To top off the delay they have given me two sets of books & copies (was only charged for one,) so do I now have someone elses order?? Got through on phoneline straight away today told them I had two sets of books but they seemed confused by this & promised to phone me back. I will wait & see if they refund my postage costs.

15/08/2012 15:00 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Seems schoolbooks.ie released a statement to liveline "that they are experiencing technical difficulties and it will be sorted by the end of the week."
I know they were based in the old Dulux building on Davitt Road up until last year, but have seemingly moved to a much bigger premises in Parkwest this year. My guess is that an unprecedented increase in the number of orders coupled with the move led to this. I have no doubt that they will come through on their promises, but they really need to do something about informing customers of delays.

14/08/2012 14:26 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
thanks for that

14/08/2012 11:50 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I had ordered books online on 24th July. Still hadnt arrived. Tried endlessly to get through on the phone. the phones seem to be disconnected today, not even ringing. No response either to my emails. Fortunately I live in Dublin, so I got in the care an went to find them. THey are well camouflaged in the AEON solutions building in Western Industrial Estate, between AN POST depot and Nine One One coffee shop. I got all my books there as a collection. som much for "free book covering and free delivery"- I got neither. I was lucky though, there were several other parents queing by the time I left, whose books they didnt have. I would advise anyone who is able, to go in person and get the books or a refund.

re : schoolbooks.ie anyone else not getting their order....?           reply
14/08/2012 10:24 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
just got through to the direct packing line number, she said about the delay blah blah blah she couldnt tell me when i would have them but i was in the queue, she said she would ring by the end of the week to confirm a date, when I hung up I realised she didnt take my number!!!

16/08/2012 14:12 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Hi, they still appear to be in business anyway!! Their address is a bit vague on their website, from Nangor Road, turn left onto Oak Road (the right turn at this junction would bring you into "Park West Industrial Estate, it´s the 3rd left when coming from Naas Road). There is an an post sorting office and beside that a steel gate their office has a sign "AEOS Solutions" on it.

23/08/2012 17:10 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
The latest update from Schoolbooks.ie re their deliveries, see
http://www.thejournal.ie/schoolbooks-ie-backlog-orders-569775-Aug2012

07/08/2012 14:03 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I too was waiting for my books for a good while. But they arrived last week...and they are covered with a brilliant tough cover that I haven´t seen before. Very durable...absolutely delighted! Was fed up paying between 75 cent and €1 for book covers which were as effective as a sandwich bag. No protection whatsover...ripped easily. These new covers that schoolbooks.ie are using are just brilliant and I´m happy to pay the cost if the books last...which I think they will now. If a secondhand market emerges then it will be really easy to sell these books on. Absolutely delighted...it was worth the wait.

28/08/2012 08:49 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Well......my 3 kids went off to school today with, guess what?..... NO BOOKS !!!!

14/08/2012 12:01 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
There will be a discussion on liveline after 1.45 p.m. All tune in.

15/08/2012 19:26 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
... above is a perfect example of how inconvenient a change in delivery times may be for customers. And no communication, on top of that.

03/08/2012 22:44 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Whatever you do don´t use BooksUnlimited.ie either as they just as bad. I have been waiting nearly 3 months for my order and two weeks ago they promised faithfully I would have the order ... now all I want is a refund. So annoyed

21/08/2012 11:50 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
After two weeks of ringing (line always engaged or on hold constantly) and e-mailing (14 emails - no reply) I finally worte them a fax. I received the following response AFTER I had collected my books from the warehouse (which she said I couldn´t do) another point to note is that one of the books was actually out of stock, which Lisa never mentioned in her e-mail. I had asked for the books to be covered also too which they were not.
"Thank you for your fax.
The pencils are out of stock on your order.
Do you wish me to cancel them and reimburse your card so your order can go into processing and then be shipped?
There are some processing delays but it should be processed and then shipped in the next few working days.
Unfortunately we do not allow collections.
Kind regards,
Lisa Barnwell
Schoolbooks.ie "
Needless to say I have written a stinker of a response to Lisa´s email & will never be doing business with them again. As many have said it´s not the delay itself that is the problem but the complete lack of response / customer service on their part. The minute they realsed there would be a delay of any kind a notice should have been placed on the website. Signage should be erected near Aeon Solutions premises directing people to them as I met at least 20 people on the day who could not find their way.
The only solution seems to be collecting them from the depot - not very practical for many I realise, failing that you can cancel & wait for your refund & hit the shops, not very practical for many either especially at this time of year & august being a long month.
Hope you all get sorted
Best of luck
JD

15/08/2012 21:57 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
you are entitled to a refund if you haven´t received your order the the required delivery time that the company stated to you when you ordered the books. but you should ring them before you go on holidays and tell them you want a refund.
I am now officially waiting 3 months for my school books that I ordered with
BooksUnlimited.ie starting to wonder if they are the same company as they gave me the same story of moving and technical difficulties ????

15/08/2012 18:32 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I am going away on Friday next and will not be back until Sunday week - if the books ordered - cost €336 - taken from my accopunt 2 July - do not arrive I will be forced to buy the books from Easons(which I should have done in first place) on Friday as I will not let my sons go to school without their books - they were warned to get the books on time.
The parcel - if delivered next week - will not be accepted as there will be no one to accept it - can anyone please tell me if I will get my money back or what cvan I do - I am terrified by the whole affair

03/08/2012 13:25 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I finally got a response via email. This is what they are saying regarding the delays and lack of response:
"Schoolbooks.ie would like to sincerely apologise for delay in processing
your order and not meeting our regular 5-7 working days delivery target. We
have been experiencing technical issues in our new warehouse over the past
number of weeks, but I am delighted to advise that we have now resolved
these issues and are back to business as usual. We would like to assure you
that your order is in processing and will be cleared and processed by
August 10th.
This backlog has resulted in a large number of calls from customers to our
helpline. We have added additional staff to help bring down call waiting
times and we appreciate your patience during this time, but as many of you
will be receiving your orders over the next few days, we would hope that
the number of calls to the customer care help team, will reduce
significantly.
Once again we would like to sincerely apologise for any delay in your
order, to thank you for your patience while we resolved these issues and
assure you of our continued attention at all times.
Kind Regards,
Schoolbooks.ie"

14/08/2012 09:58 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
They finally called me thanks to SuperValu. Still no explanation or apology assured my order is prioritised for this week and books definitely delivered before school opens. This is a direct line to the packing room - 01-4600084.

31/07/2012 13:56 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
My sister ordered her books from them and she hasn´t received hers either..coincidently I ordered my books from Books Unlimited 2 months ago and haven´t received them but after numerous emails they finally emailed me back the other day to say they were moving building and I would have my books in a week ... think you should give schoolbooks.ie a ring if they won´t answer their email.

14/08/2012 11:50 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Live Line are looking for more people to go on air about it so if you want to give them a buzz on 2083196 the guy i was talking to was Ritchie.

14/08/2012 08:45 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I have just rang Joe Duffy Show as this is getting crazy they wont ans their phones or reply to emails. Spoke to a lovely guy called Ritchie asked me did I know anyone else who is having the same problem. So if you want to speak to Ritchie give Liveline a buzz hopefully Schoolbooks.ie will reply to them as they dont seem to be replying to anyone else.

18/08/2012 14:09 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms

ght be interested in this:
http://www.thejournal.ie/fg-deputy-calls-on-school-books-website-to-get-its-act-together-562831-Aug2012/

and this

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0818/online-school-book-shop-apologises-over-delays.html

02/08/2012 12:02 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I have the same problem. Ordered on the 5th July. I have tracked my order and it seems all in stock but I have had no delivery. I have emailed twice and have been continuosly phoned their number for the last 3 days - the phone keeps ringing out - or I am left holding on an automated system for over 10 minutes. I´m thinking they could be gone!!! Have contacted my credit card company and they can put in an appeal for a refund - I think this is what I´ll do - either the company is gone or the customer service is horrendous.

03/08/2012 14:39 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I eventually got through on the phone yesterday and cancelled the geometry set (that I can get anywhere!) that appeared to be holding up the order. Then I got a phone call from someone else this mornging in response to my furious e-mails all apologetic. I then got the same email as above, so now it´s overkill. Let´s just hope they´ve managed to get the finger out now and books are delivered next week. I know for sure I will NOT be using this crowd next year. Looking at other forums they had similar problems last year too. Wish I´d checked them out before I had ordered. Would have been easier to go to the book shop and to cover the books myself!

01/08/2012 11:34 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I ordered on 27th June online - my money was taken immediately
Guess what - i received my order literally just now!!!
(Nothing like the 5 days.....)
I had phoned twice and emailed twice

01/08/2012 10:26 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
SchoolBooks.ie
OakWest House
Oak Road
Western Industrial Estate
Dublin 12
Ireland
E-Mail: info@schoolbooks.ie
Tel: 1890 223344
Tel: 01 5242618
Fax: 01 4569432

17/08/2012 15:28 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Like mamacaz above, I have just received an email from schoolbooks.ie saying virtually the same thing. Order being processed either today or over weekend, dispatch Monday, delivery Tuesday. Will let all know if this happens. Thanks for all advice.

28/08/2012 08:27 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
So this is the latest update on their website:
Schoolbooks.ie is pleased to report that we have cleared our backlog of customer orders, which resulted from a technical issue we had in our warehouse some weeks ago.
The remaining 1,400 orders from this backlog were sent to our couriers GLS between last Friday and Saturday for delivery today Monday, 27th August and tomorrow, Tuesday, 28th august.
Anyone with an outstanding order in this backlog can go to our website and follow the link to the GLS online tracking to find out the delivery status of their order.
Again Schoolbooks.ie would like to apologise to any customers who experienced a delay in receiving their school books.
For those who have placed their order more recently, our usual delivery times apply.
Yet this is my account status:
Queued For Picking:
14:53 - 24 Aug 2012
Entered Picking:
-
Entered Verification:
-
Entered Packing:
-
Entered Shipping:
-
Delivered:
-
STILL NO BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03/08/2012 14:32 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
got the same email today, i had asked for a refund.....they obviously dont read their emails!

14/08/2012 12:27 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I have just contacted this company using the number 01-4600084. Got the same script as others, we´re sorry, we are experiencing delay´s. Bottom line is I ordered on the 29th July, and there is no guarantee that these books will be delivered before school start. I asked could they be despatched today, if not I wanted a refund. I have now secured my refund. Its unfortunate, if they kept their customers informed with courtesy emails, people might be happy to wait it out.

14/08/2012 14:21 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
did anyone hear the liveline discussion i had to leave any didnt hear if they mentioned it?

14/08/2012 14:24 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Hi,
Yes it was on, but I thought he gave it very little coverage to be honest. Schoolbooks.ie sent in a statement advising additional staff to cover the phones and advising all backlogs would be cleared by this Saturday.

14/08/2012 08:54 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I rang the Consumer Protection Agency - not alot of help other that advising that if your order is over 30days beyond your original expected delivery date and they didn´t advise this when you ordered they are in breach of "distance selling" legislation and you are there entitled to demand delivery and or a refund. They also advised trying to get a "charge back on my laser" via my bank. It can´t be done unless company offers a refund.
This company is a shambles and a disgrace, parents are struggling enough without having their money taken from them in this way with nothing in exchange.
I hope Joe Duffy gets to the bottom of this. I tried NewsTalk lat week and they didn´t even respond.

15/08/2012 07:21 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I got assurances from them yesterday that my order would be processed as a priority this week. Yesterday the order went from "Queued for Picking" to "Entered Picking". It took 5 hours to pick 6 books with another 3 to go (there is a chronological history against each one). At a day and a half for each process I won´t get them til after school starts. They have yet to go through "Entered Verificiation", "Entered Packing", "Entered Shipping" & "Delivered".

14/08/2012 19:08 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I ordered books etc €423 from schoolbooks.ie - the money was taken from my account on 11 July - i CANNOT CONTACT THEM BY PHONE OR EMAIL - I HAVE SPENT ABOUT €10 ON PHONE CALLS BUT CANNOT GET THROUGH I LEFT MY PHONE NUMBER ON EMAIL TO BE CONTACTED - NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME - THEY SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED IN FUTURE - I WILL ADVISE PARENTS IN MY SCHOOL OF WHAT HAS HAPPENED - OTHERS HAVE HAD A SIMILAR EXPEREINCE . THIS IS DISGRACEFUL - THEY ARE USING MY MONEY WHILE I PAY INTEREST

14/08/2012 11:52 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Hi, don´t expect an urgent response from them anytime soon. My order was placed in June still no delivery, however via SuperValu Real Rewards I did eventually get through to the packing room and was assured my order would be processed this week. Going by the dates, your order is 5wks behind mine. Call them this is a direct line to the packing room - 01-4600084.

schoolbooks.ie anyone else not getting their order....?           reply
30/07/2012 19:23 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I recently ordered all my son´s school books on schoolbooks.ie website. I got my confirmation email and the money was taken immediately from my account on 14th of July. I have still not received my order. I have sent 2 emails but got no response and I have tried ringing but no answer. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems with this company....?

22/08/2012 17:07 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Well, after an email telling me I would have the books by Tuesday, when I received the notice yesterday that I had missed delivery of a parcel, I thought the schoolbooks have arrived... Well, no. It was something else.
Are the parcels delivered by An Post ?
I had another order too for stationary, but that said "stock due 24/72 hrs" for the past 2 weeks, then it changed to "stock due today", but I don´t expect that anytime soon so had to go get stationary in town, I´ll have double when it arrives, unless I get through to someone and manage to cancel the order.
So the email was a lie, what a disappointment again, and will I get my books before the kids are back in school ? ...

15/08/2012 10:17 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Hi Sean,
I rang the Consumer Protection Agency - not alot of help other that advising that if your order is over 30days beyond your original expected delivery date and they didn´t advise this when you ordered they are in breach of "distance selling" legislation and you are there entitled to demand delivery and or a refund. They also advised trying to get a "charge back on my laser" via my bank. It can´t be done unless company offers a refund.
I eventually managed to contact this company after going through the SuperValu Rewards scheme. The direct line to the packing room is 01 4600084.
Hope this helps.

14/08/2012 09:29 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
All, if you phone SuperValu Real Rewards (0818 313023), they will get a response for you. I called them this morning and they are inundated with complaints and are dealing with it very seriously as they are advertising them they have a vested interest.

31/07/2012 20:29 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
ive recently ordered €350ish worth of school books from them and not received them! have emailed several times and no response! of course payment was taken straight away :(

17/08/2012 12:48 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I ordered my books on July 26th, still haven´t arrived. No reply from any of the numbers or emails. I am now getting desperate, I cannot afford to buy books elsewhere and wait for refund from them. I also contacted SuperValu and felt that the guy I spoke to was just fed up with calls about Schookbooks.ie. He took my name, phone and order number and said they would get someone in the Schoolbooks.ie to ring me. I won´t hold my breath!!

17/08/2012 23:21 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
ordered 27th July, got email as well saying Tuesday.
What the hell were they doing this summer ? Gone on holidays or something ? How can you have such a backlog and not do something about it ?
Surely someone at some earlier stage in the summer must have had a sinking feeling that they were in trouble...

23/08/2012 18:35 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Got a refund for postage but the don´t seem too bothered about getting extra set of books back??

27/08/2012 09:47 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I ordered mine on 22nd July and sit here this morning, 27th August, with no books. According to account tracker they were picked last night between 6pm and 11.37 pm which means even if they leave the warehouse today I still will not get them until tomorrow at the earliest. My 3 children are returning to school at 9am tomorrow Tueday 28th. My 4 year-old son who´s just starting is extremely upset at not having his books! I´ve made numerous telephone calls but I think they just answer the calls but don´t do anything about it!!

01/08/2012 09:40 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Yes, same problem here. I placed my order 22/07 and have heard or received nothing yet! I think that I´ll give them a buzz if nothing arrives today. Just to add I placed a larger order with Easons and recieved it in 5days and also got 10% discount. Will defo be using them again next year much better service and you can return items to any store.......

15/08/2012 10:03 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
oh dear, this sounds so bad, I really really do not want my kids to be bookless as they go back to school... Same here though, a trip up to Dublin is pretty awkward, and then if I can´t get through to them before, and they don´t have the stuff ready on the day, that´s a trip for nothing.
Sean de Paor, I´m thinking the same, surely there must be some recourse.
I´m not sure I want a refund even, I just want the bloody books, since my local Eason´s might not have a copy of everything that´s needed, and they might need to be ordered.
I don´t know, I might just call down to my Eason´s and see, if they have all that I want, I´ll cancel the order with schoolbooks.ie, and make sure I get a refund. They literally didn´t deliver on their promise, so I think we´re 100% entitled to ask for a refund.

14/08/2012 20:10 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Sean,
As I said on Liveline, I got my books by going there in person. If you can get to Dublin or get someone to go on your behalf, I think its your best bet.I dont believe the will sort it by the start of school.

15/08/2012 09:56 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I cannot trvel to Dublin to get my books - surely some action can be taken against this store - my money is now five weeks in their account and I cannot make any contact by phone and they are not answering emails - is it possible to sue this store for breach of contract - when money is taken from account delivery is supposed to be within 5 days?

14/08/2012 11:45 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I ordered my books on the 29th July, I have made several attempts to contact this company, via email and through the 2 telephone numbers on the website. They have not returned to me. NO BOOKS YET.
Anyone got an update.

16/08/2012 14:55 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
HI,I ordered mine from schoolbooks.ie on 2nd July and just checked my order now and its saying they have been diapatched today :-) They were in a queue for picking the last few weeks and I was starting to panic but I should have them tommorow hopefully ..I used them last couple of years and had no problems but I would be afraid to use them again ,I have been ringing them non stop last week but think the phones were off the hook ..

17/08/2012 10:10 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Hooray, I finally got my books, all be it to the wrong address only took 7.5wks I had specifically requested my work address for delivery luckily my neighbour was home when they called.
Once bitten forever shy, goodbye and good ridance schoolbooks.ie.

16/08/2012 12:25 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I am waiting until tomorrow to see if my books come - it will then be 36 days - 31 overdue = I will have to buy new books on Monday and then sue for my money and expenses back. AIB will refund money after 40 days if you can prove than an effort was made to contact seller - I have 76 unanswered emails
sEAN

02/08/2012 20:19 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
ive sent many emails and tried ringing but get no reply from them either, people seem to be getting the books it just looks like 4-5 weeks not days as they say on their website!! fingers crossed we all receive them in time but absolutely will never use them again!

01/08/2012 10:06 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
‎1890 223344

17/08/2012 10:08 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Sales Executive? Did someone just wake Carol up after a two week slumber? P65, me thinks...

16/08/2012 16:42 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
what date did you order your books

28/08/2012 08:59 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I got a GLS tracking reference from schoolbooks.ie and they said it was despatched late last Friday night. I contacted GLS this morning who informed me that my order has not yet been despatched by schoolbooks.ie and they have no information about this package!!
I am so sick of the lies and lack of communication from schoolbooks.ie. Why not be honest with people!!

15/08/2012 16:32 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Is pencil pusher working for schoolbook.ie - this is only an excuse for schoolbooks.ie - that company´s attitude is entirely unacceptable and they should be boycotted

16/08/2012 09:40 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I´ve finally have a tracking reference from GLS for the delivery of my books, which I´m expecting today. Thanks to SuperValu Real Rewards who intervened on my behalf. As with all of you I will never use this company again. Regardless of what technical difficulties any company has, there is no excuse for poor and or non-existent customer service. I´m waiting since 30th June for my books with absolutely no response from them whatsoever via any medium.
This company are in breach of "Distant Selling" legislation and are under investigation by the Consumer Protection Agency, whether they will be around next year is in doubt and they deserve everything that´s thrown at them from the CPA.

28/08/2012 06:48 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Latest news update on Schoolbooks.ie
http://www.thejournal.ie/schoolbooks-ie-delays-back-to-school-574531-Aug2012/

17/08/2012 14:54 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
HI,Ordered my books 2nd July and they came this morning :-) Hope you all get sorted with yours x

16/08/2012 12:10 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
After dozens of unanswered calls and e-mails and after reading and being informed by this thread, I called to the supposed offices of schoolbooks.ie in Aeon Solutions in OakWest House, Western Industrial Estate, near Clondalkin. Panic was setting in. They haven´t even put a message up on their website.
After much searching, I finally found the building but the big metal gate was locked and there was no way of getting into the offices. Have schoolbooks.ie gone bust?

27/08/2012 08:59 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Yet again - no books (I ordered on July 26th)! According to my account tracker - the books are being "picked", I phoned and have now been told that my books will arrive today or tomorrow. The last call said Friday or Monday!! My 8 year old is going back to school on Friday - possibly with no books. I have been incredibly reasonable up to now but I am actually very close to travelling to the warehouse and having it out with someone. I have requested that a "manager" contact me as soon as possible - again I won´t hold my breath!!

16/08/2012 15:06 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Thanks Nialls. i went back and got past the big green metal gates. Not very welcoming or easy to get into! was taht on purpose, i wonder. They coulnd´t guarantee that I´d have all my books by next week (child starting on 24th) so i got a refund. Such a hassle now that i didn´t need. Never again going to that shower. I reckon they will suffer a big drop in business next year as parents have long memories ;)

02/08/2012 15:29 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I´ve been ringing these people all day and emailing all week. My order was placed back in mid-June, absolutely no response from them what so ever. Money gone (€300+) via laser so if there gone there is no hope of me getting my money back.
SchoolDays.ie, can you shed any lihgt ont he problem here, are you aware of a problem with this company?

16/08/2012 17:09 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
the lady i spoke to at the start of the week left a message on my phone today saying i would have my books in 2-3 days so i just checked the website and its says they have been dispatched and there is a tracking number so fingers crossed

15/08/2012 19:37 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I finally got books last week. They are covered in good quality covering and had all books I needed. I won´t use them next year though even if they are the only provider with all books for Gaelscoil. They´ll be losing business for first year books next year from me. This year our books weren´t too expensive as our school has book rental scheme so we don´t need to many books.

21/08/2012 11:18 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I have yet to receive even an email from schoolbooks.ie - not a mind my books!! I ordered July 26th - nothing. I contacted Supervalu through their facebook page and was asked to pm them my phone number and ref - still haven´t heard from them either - is it just me????

15/08/2012 16:20 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
now I find my emails to info@schoolbooks.ie are being returned - not being received - the phone line is off the hook - I ra ng Musgraves today as I availed of the 10% offered by Super Valu and they stated that they have been indinuated with calls and did arrange a meeting to day with schoolbooks.ie regarding deliveries - I also rang bank AIB to cancel my payment but they state that they cannot cancel without schoolbooks.ie´s permission and then it would take 5 weeks.
Is there any alternative? can a nationwide boycott of this store be formed for next year? They should not be in business. So far I have sent 42 emails - no reply - 54 phone calls and nothing. Surely there is something can be done?
Sean

14/08/2012 14:24 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Hi,
Yes it was on, but I thought he gave it very little coverage to be honest. Schoolbooks.ie sent in a statement advising additional staff to cover the phones and advising all backlogs would be cleared by this Saturday.

02/08/2012 09:03 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I ordered and paid for mine in mid June. Have been calling (no reply) and e-mailing (no response) for a week now and getting very annoyed. I´m considering driving over there today and either getting my books or a full on the spot refund. This is incredibly poor customer service! Used ABC books last year and they delivered in 48 hours. Only used schoolbooks.ie this year as they were the only ones that had all the books. There wasn´t much difference in the price.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;