Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

schools in newbridge for 5yr old

re... : schools in newbridge for 5yr old           reply
04/02/2008 22:00 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Best of luck-go onto www.daft.ie-they have everything for sale in the area. Put Finns name down for every school-he will get one of them!
Fiona

re : schools in newbridge for 5yr old           reply
28/01/2008 20:57 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
hi andrea-i am moving to kilcullen near newbridge in the next few weeks too-so we will be nearly neighbours! Have you tried the c of i school-st patricks, moorefield. Heard quite good-others are quite oversubscribed. Also,the all boys-Patricians primary is meant to be great-and they get a place in 2nd level directly, which is a bonus if you are planning on staying in newb a while! (it is a boy you have? )
Fiona

schools in newbridge for 5yr old           reply
28/12/2007 22:53 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hello,
We as a family, will be moving to Newbridge, end of April 2008. We have a 5yr old boy who is currently in primary one at a integrated primary school in Banbridge,Co Down. Can anyone recommend a good primary school in Newbridge and how we go about getting him registered,etc...

Many Thanks
Andrea :)

04/02/2008 20:06 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi,
I contacted a school in Athgarvan and they advised me to contact the Parish Centre. I did and the lady there was very helpful. She has sent me a form to fill out which has a list of the schools in the area..I choose one and hope that he gets in..Might be a bit difficult for me as we do not have an address in Newbridge yet!!! Not a good time for trying to sell your house!! Ah well.If we can get him into a school before we move down that will be one thing less to worry about!!!..In Newbridge this weekend house hunting..Wish me luck..
Andrea

31/01/2008 17:55 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
hi again-if its the curragh side you need to ring athgarvan n.s.(mixed) or st josephs halverstown, a couple of miles out-but only 29 kids in the whole school!!!-thats where mine will be goin! (tip...if you haven´t bought yet- look around..newbridge is dearer than kilcullen athgarvan is dearer than both.)
Fiona

29/01/2008 20:07 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Fiona,
Thanks for the reply...But i am still none the wiser!!!..Cant find any websites for the schools you suggested..Can you help with that???We should be moving down probably April time but it depends on the sale of our house...House sales have slowed down in the north,so i think my husband will be down before us...
Where are you moving from???..We have a 4yr old son called Finn..what about yourself???
Thanks Again
Andrea :)

29/01/2008 21:35 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Andrea
the following link will take you to the page with contact details for the St Patricks school which i think is the one Dubmum is referring to
http://www.schooldays.ie/school/st.-patrick´s-n.s.-rollnumber-13328I

We don´t have details of the Patrician Primary school but it may well be a private primary school attached to the Patrician Secondary school in newbridge - I´m sure if you gave them a ring they could fill you in - they don´t have a website but again the following link will give you their contact details on our site. Hope that helps

http://www.schooldays.ie/school/patrician-secondary-school-rollnumber-61681V

31/01/2008 15:27 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Fiona,

We hope to be moving down i suppose March,April time but it really depends on the sale of our house. We are hoping to move to the Curragh side and will be down next weekend to view some houses. I am off work tomorrow so i think i will ring round a few schools and see what that say, though i dont think i like the idea of an all boys school..he is still only 4yrs but he likes the girls!!

Andrea

29/01/2008 22:30 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi again-those links seem great-wish I had them at the time I was looking. I found a strange little site called ´moving to kildare´ packed with lots of tips..and also the official department of education site has a county by county listing of all the schools. The St. Patricks school is C of I mainly.Apparently the traffic can be mental in Nbridge in the morns-so depends on what side you are living -which school would suit you best. There are 2 national schools(boys and girls) in The Curragh -which have places I believe-handy if you are moving to that side of Newbridge( thats where I am!).. When are you moving?..Sending hubby down to check out the natives first--very wise! ;)

discussion forum terms & conditions

;