Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

son's friends moved in a different secondary school to him

re : son´s friends moved in a different secondary school to him           reply
14/01/2013 10:32 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
I suppose all you can do is wait for a bit and see how this pans out - if he is unhappy in the school he is in not matter how well it did in the league tables he may not do well there but then again you can´t move him simply because his friend moved. It´s very early in the school year especially for those in first year and chances are he would have made other friends with other boys and moved on from that friendship even if that boy had stayed in his school. What I´m saying is if his marks suffer and he is unhappy maybe you´ll have to consider moving but I´d leave well enough alone for now and just reassure him that things will settle down and you want him to be happy etc.

son´s friends moved in a different secondary school to him           reply
08/01/2013 09:47 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Louth)
-----------------------------------
my son has just started secondary school. some friends went with him to an all boys school, (which performs well in the league tables), the other lads went to a mixed school which doesn´t offer the subjects he is good at, is mixed and does not do as well in the league tables. one of his close friends has moved from his school to the mixed school and my son is now getting pressure to move, pressure from girls in the school, pressure from the lads. we are not willing to move him because he is doing well where he is and knows some of the lads from primary school and the GAA. but he wants to move because his friends are all there and is now in a mood because we aren´t giving in. are we bad?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;