Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Caring Childminder available & a Mum of 2 yr old living in Athgarvan/Newbridge Area

Caring Childminder available & a Mum of 2 yr old living in Athgarvan/Newbridge Area           reply
15/08/2013 14:15 - Kildare Childminders
-----------------------------------
My daughter is 23 months & in her first 13 months suffered from severe reflux. I felt that crèches were caring towards my daughters needs but I did not have the heart to return to work knowing she needed that extra attention to her feeds and comfort. Thankfully she is in good health & the experience taught me a lot about children and myself.
It was the best decision I made & I have committed to staying at home until my daughter returns to school at the age of 5. I set early standards for my daughter about love, care, patience, education & give plenty of stimulation for play and development. She has benefited greatly from her loving environment with plenty of outdoor stimulation and home cooked meals. Over the last few months I have given a lot of thought to minding another child because I feel its so natural and my daughter would greatly enjoy the company of another child/baby.
Our daily activities in between meals and nap time is story time, drama/dance time, Kilcullen play ground, Joeys music class Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Her favourite activity is simply playing with other children on the green area.
My daughter loves to visit new places and I think this is important for their developmental and stimulation. I always explain what we see and hear and I believe this has contributed to my daughter speaking well.
My expectations from this experience is for my daughter and I to enjoy the company of your child and for your child to feel safe and loved.
About me, I come from a Human Resource Management background and I also worked with special needs children in a primary school. In addition I completed 9/12 months of early educational course. I had to cancel course for the reason of my childs early health condition mentioned above. I carried out a lot of research on the best care for children which helped me to know how to respond best to a lot of different situations. I am very proud of my daughter and I hope to share that experience.
I do feel it is very important that a parents wishes are respected and perhaps you will have a different routine or special requests that you would like followed.
I can offer you a reference with the primary school teacher I worked along side. You could also meet with me and my daughter to discuss further because I believe a personal experience will be more beneficial to you and your child in making such an important change in your life.
If you feel I may be the right person, please feel free to text/call me on 0872847510. I will also be sending the same description above to other people in need of carers.

Warm Regards
GJH

discussion forum terms & conditions

;