Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Class Split - Child being put in another class with a bully but no friends

re... : Class Split - Child being put in another class with a bully but no friends           reply
01/09/2010 17:19 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
How did you get on? Was she moved? I am experiencing a class split at the moment with none of her friends moving and don´t know what to do. Split by age.

re... : Class Split - Child being put in another class with a bully but no friends           reply
14/06/2010 20:24 - Ask Mother Hen
Thanks Mother Hen, I called school every day but principal not returnin my calls. Sent in letter askin to meet. Other parents got meeting and were told they won´t be changin their minds. Don´t want to annoy the principal more. Feelin useless and hopeless.

Class Split - Child being put in another class with a bully but no friends           reply
02/06/2010 21:47 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi - my kid goes to a smll school, new teacher starting so their class is being split. This is the second time it happened my kid. My kid being asked to be mixed in with bigger class again but without any of their friends. Agreed last time because was promised wouldn´t happen again. Then had problems with bullies in the class, now they bein asked to go into same room with bullies. Have pleaded and sent letter to Head Teacher askin them not to do it to the kid as they are so stressed already. Understand things have to happen - havin a new teach is good but if my kid is been asked to mix again when none of us want to, what do we do? Have asked if the Mams if their kids want to swap and no one does. They are cryin every nite and me too? Please someone help me - not gettin anywhere with d hed teach and don´t want to be arguing. Have stated the case but being blanked!! What do I do next? :cry: Need to resolve it before d summer

02/09/2010 15:47 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi They had to go in, Head said there was nothin they could do. Kid quite nervous going in - did some role playing and suggested what they do if something happens or someone says something mean to them. Going to meet their new teacher and explain how unhappy I am about the situation. I will be making a visit to the teacher EVERY time there is even the smallest incident. Sorry to hear about the split, have asked other people in different schools and the fairest way they say is by age - that used to happen in our school but that wasn´t the case this time. Keep hounding them - your child might have to stay put for the year but the teacher might think twice about doing it again if they know that you are going to be on their case. Good Luck!

re : Class Split - Child being put in another class with a bully but no friends           reply
03/06/2010 11:45 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi Bungy,
That seems very unfair - if your child has already had to make a move then why again? I think it is worthwhile arranging to meet the principal again and state your case. There are two reasons that you could explore at that time - firstly, your child has already had to adjust to a new class and had a ´settling in´ period. Now that he/she is settled, why are they moving him/her again? Surely another child who was not moved before should be moved. Secondly, if your child has been victim of the bullies that are being moved to the other class, then it is very unreasonable to move your child into that class without some support (e.g. having friends in the new class etc). Plead your case again and see what happens.
Will you meet with the school principal and let us know what happens? We can take it from there.
Best of luck!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;