Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

First time mum who needs to go back to work soon!

re : First time mum who needs to go back to work soon!           reply
16/01/2012 13:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
hi the going rate for childminders is about 5 euro and hour.make sure you work out bank holidays and holidays to if you are willing to pay for these days or not it could cause you problems down the road.
Good luck with getting new job would you not try minding kids in your own house the money is good i pay my minder 75 a day for my three children,theres money to be made
carina

First time mum who needs to go back to work soon!           reply
14/01/2012 15:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
Any help / information would be very welcome! My baby is just 4 months old and my maternity has jst finished (i was made redundant 2 months before she was due so had to start maternity early). I now have to start looking for work again but also for childcare. I worked in a creche before being made redundant so have an idea of creche times, prices, etc, but also that they can have long waiting lists for babies. Can anyone give me an idea on childminder rates? (Swords / Malahide area). When i do get a job, i am hoping to start with just part time, hopefully 3 mornings per week to start but will more than likely have to work 5 mornings per week. As i said, i would be very grateful for any information recieved! Although my field of work is childcare, being on the ´other side´ is completly new to me! Thank you in advance

re... : First time mum who needs to go back to work soon!           reply
17/01/2012 21:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
not trying to be rude here but seriously 5 euro an hour thats bad.its not even minimum wage,childminders have bills to im sure you wouldnt work for 5 euro an hour.childminders do not have an easy job.

19/01/2012 09:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
.dont feel bad about paying a fiver an hr thats what a lot of minders charge.but at the end of the day theres no harm in negotiating a decent fee with a childminder

17/01/2012 22:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi i know 5 euro an hour is terrible but thats what most people pay .but at the end of the day its what you can afford to pay if you work and 8 hour shift and pay 40 a day and work 5 day week thats 200 out of your wages its alot if you look at it that way.( especially if your a civil servant ).ha
carina

discussion forum terms & conditions

;