Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY HELP

re : HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY HELP           reply
09/11/2011 12:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
The way I look at is (1) my children are the MOST important people in my life. I want them well taken care of if I can´t do it myself. How much is that care worth? (2) it´s a VERY responsible position- the care of a young person. How much is that worth? (3) it´s a job to someone who has trained for the position. So are they entitled to everything I get as an employee from my employer? (4) if I was to take on the same job n care for someone else´s child/ren how much would I want to be paid? (5) people pay cleaners €10-€12 an hour! (6)for me, knowing my child is being cared for by a loving, qualified, responsible and happy in their job-childminder is priceless! Remember if u pay peanuts u get monkeys!
I really do appreciate that this government is doing nothing to help parents who go out to work. There really should b some kind of tax credits for paying a childminder. If childminding was regulated, we would have great CHILDCARE services,pay them well.
But at the end a childminder is providing a service, a very important service.

re... : HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY HELP           reply
09/11/2011 10:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i meant 800 a month not a week sure it is a morgage for some people and sure i know plenty of childminders working on low rates but only the ones without workpermit to make their stay here in ireland, employing a nanny doesn t just mean minding a child their are plenty of other dutys involved..cleaning etc.and i finf i should be payed properly. a childminder living out doesn t has to pay rent,bills..would be with 800 euro a month just paid...what about the other 3 weeks??weekly payment schould be around 300 to 350 minimum by full time hours.

08/11/2011 17:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i am feeling like freaking out about the stupid talking about money,here it comes,childminder working in the same way as anyone else and paying someone under minimum wages is illegal,if you can t affort a childminder then please don t take one...a pity for all the childminders living out earning approx 800 euro maybe less a week for a full time position have you ever tought of the poor childminder making their living out of that money??? it it also iieagal emplying someone and paying cash in hand...they may getting you in big trouble..think about it...

08/11/2011 22:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
no one is in a position these days to be paying the big childminding fees of the past.some childminders were charging extortionate fees.and some are still trying.at the end of the day theres nothing wrong with negotiating a decent fee.
800 euro for a childminder.those days are well gone and no one should pay anything like that. thats a mortgage for some people

09/11/2011 10:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
why are you freaking out.wendys post is not hurting you.or anyone else for that matter. you have absolutely no right to tell anyone not to use a childminder if they cant afford one. .and another thing if you try to charge someone 800 euro or anything near that.you will be laughed at.not all childminders are money grabbers. if you havent noticed there is a recession on at the moment.also if you had a child would you be willing to fork out 800 euro a week .you say pity about the childminder who has to live of 800 or less.800 euro is more than some people earn a week

11/11/2011 11:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you all for your replies. Jennyjen, calm down, this is about getting a good rate (for what we can afford ) nothin more, also might i add, I am merely asking for some advice, and what are talking about me not paying my childminders taxes, I have looked in to this - if the minder is minding in her own home then she is self employed I AM NOT respnsible for paying her taxes at all- we looked into a minder coming to our house and with the prsi etc we simply couldnt afford it.
If you wish to ask me a question ask- dont assume, it usually isnt the case anyways
Many thanks to everyone else for your advice

09/11/2011 10:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
what i am just trieng to say is to pay a childminder a least the minimum wages,not 5 euro per hour...

09/11/2011 15:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Well said piscesmum! Totally agree!

01/12/2011 14:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i think shes only messing

28/10/2011 14:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there
Well 5 Euro per hour is the rate going on.
Well where you are looking for child minder?

01/12/2011 11:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
"Remember if u pay peanuts u get monkeys! " - so true !!!!!
How can you people even consider to pay childminders 5e !!!!! It is so unfair !!!! Minimum wage is 8.65 think how difficult that would be to survive or even on less than this !!!!!!!
They also have to pay bills, rent, and buy food !!!

02/11/2011 09:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks everyone, I am looking in to a few options at the moment, but definitly want a Childminder , I am in North Co Dublin.
I had hoped the fact that 4 of the days were only 6-7 hours for those days perhaps I could get a cheaper rate than 45, maybe 30 even?is this reasonable? and maybve 35 for the longer day? Wouls this be acceptable for a Childminder, thank you for your help
W

01/12/2011 15:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I was not messing. I am quite experienced and I am working 5 euro per hour thanks to our dear recession.

29/11/2011 18:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
can u give me some childminder´s phone number who r taking 5 euro per day.
thanks.

HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY HELP           reply
27/10/2011 21:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
Hi there
I would appreciate some responses on this
I am looking for a minder for 5 days a week- between 6-7 hours 4 days and then about 8.5 hours one day - I am willing to provide all the food and I just want to know if anybody can give me an idea what I should expect to pay - I have been quoted a number of different rates and I am not sure what the ´right´smount is that i should pay a minder.
all replies welcome
thanks
Wendy

01/11/2011 10:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
About €45 is the going daily rate around Dublin.

24/11/2011 16:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Well said could not have put it better myself :) :)

03/11/2011 10:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Not too sure that it would as you would be taking up a full time place (maybe €40).

01/11/2011 21:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hello i think the going rate would be around 180 to 200 hundred a week .i hired a childminder and im paying 200 hundred for 4 days

01/12/2011 13:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
how can you live if 5 eure per hour?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;