Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How do u find out if a teacher in your school is fully qualified

re : How do u find out if a teacher in your school is fully qualified           reply
29/06/2010 20:47 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
AN UNQUALIFIED TEACHER COULD NOT WORK LONGTERM IN A PRIMARY SCHOOL AND CERTAINLY NOT IN THE PRESENT CLIMATE. IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE THAT A QUALIFIED TEACHER COULD HAVE TAKEN A POST AS AN SNA IF THERE WAS NOT LONG TERM WORK AVAILABLE. SHE COULD HAVE BEEN DOING HER TRAINING THROUGH HIBERNIA AND IF SHE DID, SHE COULD HAVE BEEN WORKING AND STUDYING AT THE SAME TIME.
ARE YOU SURE THAT THIS PERSON IS DEFINITELY THE TEACHER FOR THE YEAR AHEAD OR IS SHE THERE PENDING INTERVIEWS OR PENDING SOMEBODYELSE TAKING UP THE APPOINTMENT?
MUCH WOULD ALSO DEPEND ON WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LIVING. IF YOU ARE IN A REMOTE RURAL AREA, IT MAY BE MORE FEASIBLE TO HAVE AN UNTRAINED PERSON FILLING IN FOR A TEACHER BUT IN URBAN AREAS, IT´S MUCH MUCH LESS LIKELY.

How do u find out if a teacher in your school is fully qualified           reply
29/06/2010 15:32 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi there, just wondering if any of you know how to find out if a teacher in your school is fully qualified without going through the school, my daughter is moving up to her new class and got her new teacher but her new teacher was a SNA last year and this really worries me??

Thanks in advance

re... : How do u find out if a teacher in your school is fully qualified           reply
01/07/2010 21:56 - Ask Mother Hen
All qualified teachers should be registered with the teaching council

https://gemini.teachingcouncil.ie/services/!wwv_app_tc_tss.show_public_welcome

re : How do u find out if a teacher in your school is fully qualified           reply
30/06/2010 14:07 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi Charlieanais,

I ´m sorry if I am wrong but it seems you are worried because she used to be an SNA, not that a teacher is qualified.
I have known plenty of SNA´s over the years, not sure how that happened, and a few of them did extra courses in the evening to further their career, from being resource teachers to secondry school teachers.
So to assume just because s/he was an SNA that they aren´t qualified is a jump in the wrong direction. They may, or may not, have been studying over the last few years and are now qualified to teach.

Do remember that teachers teach for a year before an examiner comes and test them (and they may fail) - so when are they qualified?

I would not suggest going straight up and questioning/accusing her of not being qualified. I would suggest asking the Principle.

The other part of your question - Where can you find out if S/he IS qualified? - I am sorry I do not know.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;