Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much to charge ?

How much to charge ?           reply
17/08/2017 18:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
How much such a charge to mind 2 kids after school ? Pick up one at 130 then the there at 230 . Mind them till 330 some days or 430. Should I just charge a day rate as it won´t be same hours each day. Thanks

re : How much to charge ?           reply
17/08/2017 19:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€10 an hr or part of...just add up the hours on last day worked...send parent a quick text re amount owed if they want know exactly what to pay. Look at fuel/food etc.
I´d this before, I calculated the most the amount would be going on latest collection time, parent brought this amount at end of week in the morning and I´d have any refund ready in children´s lunchbag with breakdown of fee charged. Saved messing around with money/discussion etc. Never a problem.

re... : How much to charge ?           reply
17/08/2017 22:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for reply

21/08/2017 20:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It really depends. If you are a registered childminder and insured, paying tax its minimum wage to 12 per hour for 2-3 kids. If not and its a casual arrangement, 5-6 euro for one child and maybe 8euro for 2. A friend of mine minds 2 children informally, they are older 5 and 9 years she collects with her own kids, gives a snack, gets them doing their homework. She minds them from 2.30-6pm and gets 20euro day rate. From what I understand in that particular school (its a parents list) that´s the standard, hope that helps.

re... : How much to charge ?           reply
22/08/2017 17:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€5 an hr is for an insured childminder approx..it does depends on what being asked (perhaps little hours etc) so could be higher, location is also considered as is demand...often that rate is without food, sch runs etc
Going on your €20 example (which would be typical of unregistered) that unregistered childminder is getting €2.85 per child/per hour with food/fuel etc coming off this rate. Hardly worth her while I´m afraid if she actually calculated the expenses/cost of her labour. Childminders seem to forget parents are earning too. Its very easy insure and register with revenue.

21/09/2017 10:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I mind two kids. They are dropped to me at 7.30 for an hour and they have breakfast and I drive them to school. I collect them at 1.30 and 2.30
And they have lunch and fruit. Some days I also collect from activities. They get collected at 5. I get 40 daily rate. Make sure you take into account petrol costs etc. Good luck

discussion forum terms & conditions

;