Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Montessori / childminder payment

re : Montessori / childminder payment           reply
20/03/2011 15:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi - I think you should receive payment as you will be dropping & collecting for the parents, (to go towards petrol etc if needed), but also as it helps the parents out with dropping/collecting and also school hols/sickeness etc. When my son went to montessori he had been with his childminder since he was 4 months old, and we continued to pay her the full amount, a good childminder is hard to find so we should look after them when we get them. You should discuss the situation with the parents, if they think they might lose you, or you have to get another child to mind, you might come to some arrangement that suits all parties. Good luck.

Montessori / childminder payment           reply
19/03/2011 11:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
Hi, I am currently minding a 3 year old and he will be starting montessori in Sep 11. I´m unsure as to what to do regarding the 3 hrs he will be in school, as I will have to drop and collect him on the days. Should I get paid for the time hes in school as Im still available to collect him if theres a problem or a day he is sick. I know its a tricky one but it really will not be worth my while to continue to mind him if I am getting nothing..Would appreciate your comments please.

re... : Montessori / childminder payment           reply
20/03/2011 18:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
thats what I was thinking but wanted to get some feedback first before I speak to the parents.thanks.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;