Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Opinion - Loyalty from Childminders?

Opinion - Loyalty from Childminders?           reply
09/01/2017 09:57 - Dublin North Childminders
-----------------------------------
I suppose i´m a little pee´d off at the moment. The life span of my childminders in the past have been 2 years on average.
I have my current childminder 6 months. Its on a part time basis and my kids settled from the start really.
Anyway, I suppose what I want to know is if full timers get preference over part time kids. We´re in the process of being told that she´s taking on a full time kid therefore she wont have room for my part time kids.
Is it a ´dog eat dog´ world or is it ´every man for himself´ when it comes to part time kids?
Im a very nice, fair and generous person. When I find a childminder I like I will really look after her but I kinda feel that we were the last kids in, we´re part time so push over and make way for some kids who will make her more money.
Im feeling really annoyed.

re : Opinion - Loyalty from Childminders?           reply
10/01/2017 17:29 - Dublin North Childminders
That´s unfair on your family, I would never let a child go to take on another , hope you find someone nice , you sound nice

10/01/2017 13:37 - Dublin North Childminders
I feel your frustration, and my own personal opinion is I would not ever refuse a child whether its a full time or part time basis, some people are in it purely from a financial point of view and fare enough but I do it because I love children and minding them and always try to help within reason. The reality now is more and more parents can not afford full time day care, so we must be realistic, I would expect to ideally mind a child for three years before circumstances change normally, I on the other hand am committed to the whole childcare situations, I keep in touch with my mindees always. Nanny Lil

09/01/2017 10:18 - Dublin North Childminders
As a childminder personally once I take children on if part time basis I wouldnt then turn around and say that I cant look after part time children as I have a full timer coming in. Sorry to hear and hopefully you find someone soon that wont mess you about just because you only need them on a part time basis.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;