Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Private Party Venue

Private Party Venue           reply
18/02/2018 21:29 - Miscellaneous
-----------------------------------
Just want to get peoples thoughts on private party venue.I realised that there are no party venues which are private (exclusively for your own child/friends/family) in the Midlands area. Whether it be birthday parties, communion, christenings or other family gatherings, venues seem to be limited to pubs/function rooms or busy play centres.
The problem in my opinion with pubs or function rooms is that there´s little to keep the kids busy, happy and safe. Also with play centres particularly weekends they tend to be sooo busy.
My question is- would you see a private party venue being a popular choice if available?. My idea would be a party venue which is exclusive for the birthday/communion boy/girl who can invite the whole class, and granny and grandad and the whole family to a fun, safe and unique party venue. Here the boy or girl would be centre stage at their party which might include bouncing castle, football area, soft play area for babies etc. Adults can enjoy tea/coffee making facilities and comfortable seating area to chat with family and friends.
Any thoughts or ideas on this idea would be welcome 😊

re : Private Party Venue           reply
19/02/2018 17:23 - Miscellaneous
Would there be a booking fee?
I´m just finished pricing a communion... Every hotel has private rooms available if your spend warrants them handing over a private room. If one wasn´t spending enough if private room available on day theyv no problem giving it then. All offering one or more of disco, face painter, balloon, indoor/outdoor playrooms etc. All complimentary.
Local pub last year had concrete yard off function room with a bouncy castle. Complimentary.
Previously booked petfarm for a communion. Dining room they could only sell the seats they had available so around four parties at that day. Each group held their tables till closing. Insurance has them limited to a number of adults/children same as a swimming pool etc. €15 a child on the day, some farms charge adults too (mine didn´t but child fee dearer n adult meal was too), can´t see many paying more than that per child tbh.

re... : Private Party Venue           reply
28/02/2018 12:33 - Miscellaneous
Market aimed primarily at parties but can be available for christening communions confirmations baby showers ...any family gathering where there are kids who need entertaining.
There would
be a fee of approx €200 for venue hire/ use of facilities. They can bring their own food or catering can be organised for them. At extra cost, depending on requirements.
Extra entertainment may be organised such as face painter, clown etc.
But at a bare minimum, now I am just looking at the need/want for private party hire. There are little if any pubs/function rooms in my area (midlands) which provide any of the facilities I would be offering - bouncing castle, football, play areas, child friendly/safe and purpose built to celebrate events for children.
At 20 children that´s only €10 a head for full private party hire. Of course food is extra but it´s certainly feasible in my opinion.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;