Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Rates in own home

Rates in own home           reply
23/01/2012 09:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
-----------------------------------
Hello,
I am just looking for some advice on what it would cost for childminder to look after a 1 year old, a 3 year old and a school going 5 year old. Three days a week from 7.30 am to 6pm, 5 year old will have to be dropped off and collected from school. I am really hoping to get someone to mind them in our own home. What are the rate differences between own home and childminders home. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

re : Rates in own home           reply
24/01/2012 11:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there - I am in Laois so not sure what difference would be in rates but average here is as follows.
€5 per hour if child is being minded out of own home.
€7 - €9 per hour if child being minded in own home - I´m assuming that is same with 1 or 3 kids.

24/01/2012 19:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes average rates in childminders home would be around €5.00 per hour for one child and slight reduction for other siblings. If the childminder is using own car/petrol for drop off/collections this would need to be taken into account, and if she is repsonsible for collection if child is sick in school, days off/holidays etc. If you want to have them minded in your own home you have to pay at least the minimum wage tax prsi etc. you become their employer and have to register with Revenue. Best of luck with your search.

24/01/2012 22:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi i have a minder for my three kids 5 ,2 1/2and 1 1/2 years old she has two kids of her own and would be doing the school run anyway.she minds them in her own house and i pay 75 euro a day from 745 to 445 two days a week .
carina

discussion forum terms & conditions

;