Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

What to charge for 3

re : What to charge for 3           reply
28/01/2017 09:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hope meeting went well Thursday. I hope parents agreed not too much as its less than 30 a day per child and your supplying food and wipes (a lot cmer supply no food and iv never heard any cmer supply wipes).
Quick point as its a new family no need for any registered cmer not to enforce both drop and collect times. No other business/service would tolerate this. Its understandable caught at work or traffic etc and don´t forget youv calculated only to time agreed. All them late collection minutes would add up in a month.

What to charge for 3           reply
24/01/2017 16:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hello ladies,
I have a new family of three starting with me in February, I am meeting mum & dad on Thursday to discuss fee´s both are teachers so it´s only term time, the children are 8 months, 3 years in pre school & 6 years in national school. They will be dropped to my house at 8am i drop both to school one then pick up at 12.30 and 2pm they are picked up between 4 & 4.30pm depending on who gets out of work 1st. I supply all meals snacks drinks do homework. I´m fully registered insured etc I´ve been minding for 6 year´s but still have the kid´s that started with me 6 year´s ago. I´ve now have places as the kids in one family are now too old for childminder I´ve only ever had 2 from the same family. When I calculated my fee´s it seamed high so just wondering what the normal rate is? Its a 4 day week as mum is a music teacher and only works 4 day´s in the school. TIA

re... : What to charge for 3           reply
24/01/2017 17:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´d just give a rate saying this includes xyx as requested...I gave a breakdown years ago after a mum requested it and this led to unbelievable nit picking. Its generally €3 a run I see as a calculation.

25/01/2017 11:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Mindofchild, do you think 85.00 per day (320 for 4 days) for the 3 children is to much? This will include school drop offs for 2, one national one pre school, picks up for both 12.30 & 2pm. I supply all meals, snacks, juice, for the baby all mam needs to bring is nappies and formula, I supply all creams, wipes etc then taking into account this is term time which suits me as the other kids I have are all school going and I have them full days for all school holidays. TIA

24/01/2017 17:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you for your advise, I am fully registered for 6 years now its the only way to be these days. Mum is teaching in second level but won´t be on holidays until end of June due to exams. Wounding how they woukd feel with the fuel charge? I´ve 2 going to the same school they mighty think I´m cheeky!! It wasn´t an issue with the others as I have them since 6/7 months old so as the kids progressed to school it was easy to renegotiate fees they knew me and I´ve a good working relationships with them.what would you think?

re : What to charge for 3           reply
24/01/2017 17:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€8 an hr for two smallies and add €5 for afterschooler an hr. Food, fuel extra. Add a premium per hr as only four days and term time only. I´m assuming a music secondary school teacher so extra long holidays over the national school. Some charge half for holidays but iv heard parents finish up end term and no holidays paid then. Don´t risk it.
Three kids the rate would seem large but its a lot work, school runs, good quality homework supervision is worth its weight in gold. I don´t know one unregistered that does homework in my area. Plus as you know the insured environment is valued and this commands a premium in itself.

24/01/2017 19:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I was thinking that way myself but great to get 2nd opinion. I´ll do a weekly fee and maybe an hourly rate as the time is between 4/4.30 finish as you and I know that 4.30 could lead to 5pm, I´ve had that stunt pulled so many times and its always the same one that´ll try it lol

discussion forum terms & conditions

;