Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

how much to pay?

how much to pay?           reply
01/03/2012 23:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
-----------------------------------
I work in the emergency servises. My wife returns to work in the middle of April. My hours vary from week to week and even day to day in the week but they are set out in a fixed roster, so there´s no problem seeing my hours weeks in advance. We only require a minder for the hours that I am working as there are times from monday to friday when i´am at home. We could sometimes require a childminder for 10 hours on a monday & again on a tuesday and then not again till friday afternoon for 3 hours. If we agree to pay by the hour theres little consistency in the money spent - it could vary from 200 Euro p/w right down to 80 Euro. In one particular week there are virtually no hours!! Whats the best way of approaching potential minders with a set up like this? Whats an appropriate minimun weekly amount? I am sure there´s plenty of readers out there who have a similar set up so would appreciate some feedback.

re : how much to pay?           reply
02/03/2012 07:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
hi i am a childminder and have a similar situation with the people i mind for. we agreed a fee based on the average weekly hours and it is paid whether i work the maximum hours or the minimum hours roughly 5 euro an hour based on 30 hour week. this works well for both of us. hope it helps

discussion forum terms & conditions

;